NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Boot Directly into GBPVR from PCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to directly boot into the GBPVR software from the PCH? When I first set up MVPMC, I remember having to telnetd to the PCH from a PC. Do you still have to do that? I currently connect from a shortcut in Swisscenter. I know that there have been advancements and am just curious if you could connect directly to GBPVR from bootup on the PCH now.

Thanks
Using a hard disk it is possible, but it is not something I support because of complexity. Telnet has never been required it is just used for trouble shooting.

Out of curiosity can you directly boot to Swiss Center after a power on without hitting a key? If so I guess I could probably write a simple php script that would launch GBPVR safely.

Martin
No. I cannot directly boot to SwissCenter. It is listed on the Media Sources screen when I boot.

The only way I get to GBPVR from the PCH is by going to SwissCenter and clicking a shortcut that opens GBPVR. When I close GBPVR (power toggle), I am taken back to SwissCenter directly (no additional key presses needed). If I navigate to the GBPVR.htm file in the share on the server (the way that SwissCenter gets there), I get the famous "Request Could Not Be Completed".

This is the reason why GBPVR from the PCH will not get WAF. I need an easy way to get to GBPVR from the PCH (without the SwissCenter dependancy). Currently the whole family uses SwissCenter from the PCH and I'm the only one who uses GBPVR from it. I even only show the GBPVR shortcut in SwissCenter from the Admin account. All others don't even see it to avoid complexity.

I have ordered a second PCH to replace a Buffalo LinkTheater. I would really like the PCH(s) to utilize GBPVR so I can use it for Watching Live TV and Manage Recordings without the need for a PC.

So you are saying that you could boot directly into the PCH if there were a small (thinking usb stick IDE/SATA converter) hard disk in the unit? Could it be done with a Web Link? I know I can make a web link for SwissCenter and it works. Maybe something similar could be done with GBPVR.
Yes the web link is the simplest if you can configure it For me it loads with

Source - Source - #

On the other hand from a file it isn't too hard to teach either (assuming only one html file in the mvpmc share)

Blue - Enter - Enter

Of course I don't think adding it to the Swiss Center main menu like I originally processed to stu2j is that bad a choice, since you know they can easily get into Swiss Center. Placing it at the bottom and restricting it to admin has no WAF. Access this way has the same key strokes

Source - # (for Swiss Center) - # (for GBPVR)

Martin
I have a source identified pointing to the MVPMC share on the PCH, but when I choose that source it takes me to some sort of file browse mode. From there, I can navigate to the 2 html files (neither take me to GBPVR). How would I make it go straight into GBPVR from the source selection screen? That would be great. I was never able to do it that way so I assumed it was not possible.
You need to use exactly the same URL that you used to connect from Swiss Center in index.php. You wrote on the Swiss Center forum that it was

http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHA.../gbpvr.cgi

Martin
You might look at my post in this thread:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=40623

if you use my setup, You only need to edit startmeup with a unix compatible editor to reflect your display settings (currently set to ntsc)
mvallevand Wrote:You need to use exactly the same URL that you used to connect from Swiss Center in index.php. You wrote on the Swiss Center forum that it was

http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHA.../gbpvr.cgi

Martin

This did the trick. I also used that path in my GBPVR.html file and it fixed the issue with that as well.

Thanks