NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting the most from your HD-PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What bitrate & resolution do you guys record at?

I had mine set @ 13Mbps constant (constant bitrate mainly because it made skipping easier with my PCH)

I have my cable box set to 720p (even though my set is 1080p) because I thought it would give me a better bitrate/pixel ratio. Does that matter at all?

Would a given bitrate be less prone to smearing & artifacts @ 720p than at 1080i? I could probably set the bitrate lower since Comcast compresses the crap out of everything anyway...

What say you guys? My HD set is 40" 1080p Samsung
I found running my cable box at 1080i, recording in High quality mode still produced artifacts. So I set my cable box to 720p and now High quality mode is perfect even in high action scenes.

I'd like to set my cable box back to 1080i mode but haven't felt like experimenting with the bitrate settings in AnalogHD.ini to find out how high it would need to be to ensure I don't get artifacts. If someone else has experimented with good results, share them please.