NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVB Radio v1.6 uploaded to wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I use 7-zip but to mov ethings on a little, I can't actaully get the new version to work at all.

I deleted the plugins folder, the dvb* files from common, delete both old and new services and reinstalled new version b ut it still fails to find anything when it scans.

log attached.

Help!

[edit]: re-uploaded log files
gEd Wrote:I use 7-zip
OK - I use the "native" Win XP zip capabilities. I'll try and download a copy of 7-zip to see if it's causing the corrupted xml problem. Seems unlikely but worth a try.

Quote:but to mov ethings on a little, I can't actaully get the new version to work at all.
Ah - you have a Nova-DT.

Could you download the updated binaries from post #7 here...

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...ostcount=7

...and follow this procedure to update them...

1. Close pvrx2 and stop the dvbr service by running StopDvbRadioService.bat (from the plugins\DvbRadio folder).

2. Copy the files in the attached zip into the plugins\DvbRadio plugin folder

3. ALSO copy the DvbrLib.dll and DvbrLib.pdb into the plugins\Common folder.

4. Run StartDvbRadioService.bat, start pvrx2 and try again then post logs please.

I'll update the wiki installer with those binaries later tonight.

Cheers,
Brian
So does this include the dvb-s radio??
Hi Brian, I've done a clean reinstall of your plugin using the latest binaries, and still get the same problem I've been having for a while: The plugin asks me to scan for channels, then the "scanning...please wait" window disappears after a couple of seconds leaving me with no channels. I've got my logs if you wouldnt mind taking a look?

Thanks

Mikey
Hi Mikey,

Could you try these binaries following the instructions I posted for gEd above.

Cheers,
Brian
bgowland Wrote:Hi Mikey,

Could you try these binaries following the instructions I posted for gEd above.

Cheers,
Brian

Bingo! Thanks Brian that fixed my problems! Are you able to describe what my problem was and how you fixed it?

Thanks again Big Grin
Mikey
HaMMuS Wrote:Bingo! Thanks Brian that fixed my problems! Are you able to describe what my problem was and how you fixed it?
Great news.

It was (again) an issue with the Hauppauge driver names - similar to the Nova-DT with an erroneous space at the end. Your's are slightly different, however, only one driver has a space at the end. It should be fixed now to cope with all eventualities.

Cheers
Brian
Sorry I think I spoke too soon! It manages to find channels now, but when I click the play button PVRX2 stops responding, doesnt matter which channel i choose. Logs attached.

Mikey
Quote:24/04/2009 16:54:36.234 Getting signal statistics...
24/04/2009 16:54:36.281 Locked: False Present: True Strength: 10000 Quality: 0
It's showing your signal isn't locked.

I'm not sure why that would hang pvrx2 though unless it's because it would be trying to play a 0KB mp3 file.

Can you clarify why the original logs you posted have your region as Craigkelly but the latest logs have frequencies that match Black Hill?

Regardless of the reason for that, I'm not sure why the scan would have locked to the Black Hill frequencies but playback can't.

Could you overwrite the DvbRadio.db3 file with the DvbRadio-empty.db3 and do another scan then try playing a station then post your logs again.
I am a firm believer in "If its not broke fix it until it breaks". I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 and it broke !! with the same symtoms as HaMMus.(I have got a Hauppauge Nova TD USB Stick)
I have tried your latest fix and it is working again with no problems.
Thanks again for all your time and effort.
Pages: 1 2 3 4