NextPVR Forums

Full Version: streaming to windows mobile possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been playing with my htc touch phone and I am able to view the guide etc with opera and see my video library but cannot stream to my phone.

I have tried coreplayer and media player and nothing happens...

I can try the play option but the video is much to high quality for my phone so I am trying to get it to stream to my phone at the lower resolution.

I am on wifi.

Is there a way to make my computer re compress the file through the ewa and enable me to download the file or is it just streaming the only option?

Do I need a specific media player version number on my computer to enable the proper media streaming to the phone?

anyone tried this out?

thanks!
One way that should make it work is to use Orb, http://www.orb.com/ worked on my blackberry.

But... I believe it is possible to stream w/ EWA. The key would be setting up VLC to stream in a format and resolution that your phone can handle.

In the end, it's not really worth it to me to make it work. When I did stream a recorded TV show to my phone it didn't even fill up the whole screen. It was really tiny.
thank you for the replies.

VLC player for windows mobile had stopped development in 2004 and I cannot get VLC mobile to play the stream. In Windows Media player it reports the asx file to be an invalid format...

There must be a way to get it to work on windows mobile since youtube and other streaming services are working fine on the new media phones now
tvshowman Wrote:thank you for the replies.

VLC player for windows mobile had stopped development in 2004 and I cannot get VLC mobile to play the stream. In Windows Media player it reports the asx file to be an invalid format...

There must be a way to get it to work on windows mobile since youtube and other streaming services are working fine on the new media phones now

The only thing I ever got to stream to WMP was the preset ASF based setting....not sure why though.....
thanks for your replies
when using the play stream option WMP I get these pictures

and If I select the "stream" download option I see an open txt page that looks like this

Code:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\Vlc\vlc.exe" http://192.168.1.103:7648 --sout file/raw:"%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\Clive Barkers The Plague [2006] [R]_20080612_22002330.avi.mpg"

is the file format correct for download or is there a setting in vlc that I should know about to enable the conversion and download process to the phone?

i'm a geek haha but can't get geek honors until I stream tech tv from gbpvr to my phone at the office lol

Edit:
here is an interesting read people tried with mythtv
http://www.torrentocracy.com/blog/archiv...ht_1.shtml

I am wondering if I should think about a dual auto conversion somehow since all my files convert to avi in gbpvr I am worried that if I add a processing.bat file to make a lower rate file for the phone that it will stop the auto conversions I have in place...

Thanks for the Orb link but I am not sure I want to login to the orb website to view videos.
hi!

I been searching the net for ages thinking of a solution and I have come to realize that the only solution would be to include a tool in EWA to allow webusers to have the option to compress any file in their video library much like we have in GBPVR. In GBPVR we can select a movie file and compress it to a Sony, 3gp and an Ipod Mp4 file WMV and divx etc... Now one of the things I have found is the EWA does not display any 3gp files which is the most compatible format for phones. Is there a setting I can look at to add the file extension?

Can I request a wishlist for the EWA encoder option in Ewa? For me encoding to lower format usually takes 30 minutes and under since I have a dual core and I am sure if I add the ati turber encoder (forget what thats called) then these lower quality encodings should finish by the time one has a coffee hehe

I don't think many will use this feature but as time goes on and more have media mobile phones that many will use the EWA like I do to schedule a forgotten show coming on later in the evening when I am out and about. Logging into EWA's guide on the phone and selecting record is a breeze from my phone and I use wifi so free hotspots are on every corner and pub.

It is cool to have the option to show someone something that was on tv or a segment of the news that they are interested in and I think the encoding option and the added 3gp mp4 support in the files display should be the mobile fix for me and many others.

any thoughts??

3gp works great and streams fine with fast forword reverse when you simply aviod the stream button and simply select the play button in the files display screen Big Grin

Cheers!
tvshowman Wrote:hi!

I been searching the net for ages thinking of a solution and I have come to realize that the only solution would be to include a tool in EWA to allow webusers to have the option to compress any file in their video library much like we have in GBPVR. In GBPVR we can select a movie file and compress it to a Sony, 3gp and an Ipod Mp4 file WMV and divx etc... Now one of the things I have found is the EWA does not display any 3gp files which is the most compatible format for phones. Is there a setting I can look at to add the file extension?

Can I request a wishlist for the EWA encoder option in Ewa? For me encoding to lower format usually takes 30 minutes and under since I have a dual core and I am sure if I add the ati turber encoder (forget what thats called) then these lower quality encodings should finish by the time one has a coffee hehe

I don't think many will use this feature but as time goes on and more have media mobile phones that many will use the EWA like I do to schedule a forgotten show coming on later in the evening when I am out and about. Logging into EWA's guide on the phone and selecting record is a breeze from my phone and I use wifi so free hotspots are on every corner and pub.

It is cool to have the option to show someone something that was on tv or a segment of the news that they are interested in and I think the encoding option and the added 3gp mp4 support in the files display should be the mobile fix for me and many others.

any thoughts??

3gp works great and streams fine with fast forword reverse when you simply aviod the stream button and simply select the play button in the files display screen Big Grin

Cheers!

Have you tried using scale instead of preset....i.e. select to use Scale and set it to .1 which will produce a video that is 1/10 the size of the original.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Have you tried using scale instead of preset....i.e. select to use Scale and set it to .1 which will produce a video that is 1/10 the size of the original.

Hi!

I could never get a video playing using the streaming button menus...

the only way I could view a file is by clicking play on the main menu with all the videos...

if I actually clicked on the streaming button its takes me to the streaming settings and if I tried to play any file from there I would get an error in coreplayer and medie player no matter which streaming settings downscaling I used and the mobile vlc player could not play anything from the stream.vlc on my phone.

If I go to the video files screen, there are three buttons - stream, play and download. if I select download it wants to download the whole file. If I select play it will actually stream the file to my phone but in full quality. My files are converted to AVI already and most won't be able to play mpeg2 streams on their phones. The re-encoding options makes the most sense and if all the file formats that gbpvr encodes to are displayed in EWA that watching a show on your phone will be easy to do and if you plan ahead you wil lhave your whole video library at your fingertips to view. Big Grin

Sub added the 3gp and mp4 encoding in gbpvr and it was a brilliant feature that we can use.
Pages: 1 2 3