NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No channels for me in New Zealand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Brian.

Well, I spoke too soon. Tried again today and it crashes the DvbrService.exe repeatedly (same error again). I suspect if I re-scanned and cold rebooted it would start working again. If you add that extra logging I'd be glad to retry and get you the extra information. Makes me wonder if this is an issue with my card, or with VISTA-64 ?

Additional information in case it helps: I occasionally (approx 1 time every 4) get the zero file length TV-show recordings from GB-PVR issue. May be related. When I get zero file length recordings I find that stopping/starting the GB-PVR service usually makes the TV recording start working again, but sometimes I have to do it twice. I never have to reboot to get it working.

Cheers, Simon.
StumpyB Wrote:Makes me wonder if this is an issue with my card, or with VISTA-64 ?
I'm beginning to wonder this too although I think there's at least one other person using Vista x64 - I'l try to find out who it is and PM them to see if things are working OK.

Could you try the attached? I've created a folder structure to make it simpler. Just unzip and drop the 'Plugins' folder it contains into the gbpvr installation folder.

Remember to stop the dvb radio service first. Don't worry about a rescan - I'm happy that the DB has the correct channel data.

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

OK - I tried your latest version, and the first time it crashed DvbrService.exe.

On a hunch I then deleted the 3 gbnetradio-[012].mp3 temp files, restarted the crashed DvbrService.exe, and this time it works. As well as working when I change stations. I wonder if there is an issue with permissions or something in VISTA x64 with creating a new gbnetradioX.mp3 file when one already exists from a previous session ? Logs attached.

Cheers, Simon.
Hmmm. Since this morning, I have let my machine hibernate, then re-tried deleting the mp3 files when the service crashed. This time it didn't work Sad No easy answers from me.

Cheers, Simon.
I've had a quick look at the logs but I'm not sure what's happening. It still appears that it could be when the plugin requests the Now/Next info from the service.

Could you zip/attach your DvbRadio.db3 file please?
Hi Simon,

I've found something from earlier in your DvbrClient.log (8:27am) which I hadn't spotted when I posted earlier (above) and it goes further towards there being a SQLite issue...
Quote:02/05/2009 08:27:24.217 SendMainServiceCommand() command: DVBTR_GET_PRESENT_FOLLOWING_DATA
02/05/2009 08:27:25.124 SendMainServiceCommand() threw exception: Library used incorrectly

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Close()

at BGowland.DvbrLib.NowNextDataSetTableAdapters.NOWNEXTTableAdapter.Fill(NOWNEXTDataTable dataTable)...

02/05/2009 08:27:34.217 SendMainServiceCommand() command: DVBTR_PING
02/05/2009 08:27:34.219 SocketException: Service not started
Unfortunately you deleted the ServiceMessageHandler.log for this time period so I can't see if there is any further information in it (possibly not).

Having spotted the above, I'd definitely like to see your DvbRadio.db3 to see if I can reproduce it here.

EDIT: Could you also go to the gbpvr install folder, right-click System.Data.SQLite.dll select Properties and let me know what the file version is please?

Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian. Ah - that sparked a thought. I've been getting application errors for other products. I'm going to re-install VISTA (gasp) and then reproduce the error. I'll be back in a couple of days :-)

Cheers, Simon.
Hi Brian.

I've clean re-installed VISTA-64, then GB-PVR and DVB-T plugin as before (except on top of your minor update release of 1.6 + DvbRadio-1.6.3408.34893.zip file update you gave me).

I'm now getting the DvbrService.exe crash every time and haven't heard anything from the DVB-T plugin.

I've attached everything you asked for last time.

Oh, and the GB-PVR System.Data.SQLite.dll File version is 1.0.30.1

Cheers, Simon.
Hi Simon,

Not sure - I've got conflicting ideas here. It looks like it isn't the problem I thought but could be related.

Could you try editing the DvbRadio.xml...
Code:
<ScanFullEPG>false</ScanFullEPG>
...this will change how it gets EPG data. If that doesn't work try turning off EPG harvesting altogether...
Code:
<AutoGetEPG>false</AutoGetEPG>
Cheers,
Brian
Hi Brian.

OK - Two zips attached. One with each requested change. No luck with sound from either. On the plus side - no DvbrService.exe crash from either option.

Cheers, Simon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4