NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Setting up freesat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

Been using GBPVR for a good while now, and its working great. I'm about to rid myself of subscription cable and a set top box and opt for freesat.

I'm a radar engineer by trade so have no problems at all about installing this myself. I've done my research and think I know what I'm doing (famous last words !!).

Wouldn't mind anybody pointing out anything thats glaringly obvious if I've got it wrong.

I will be installing :-

2 x Hauppauge Nova-S cards.
1 x Motorised dish with dual LNB.

The Nova-S supports Diseqc 1.0 (I'll make sure my motorised dish supports this spec also).

My questions are quite simple really, but it's always the simple things that catch you out hey !

Question 1. How do I configure the diseqc side of things with GBPVR. ?
Question 2. Now that I will have two capture cards do I just configure a second capture source, then select which one to use each time I make a recording ?
Question 3. Any recommendations for the dish. What size do I need ? (I'm currently reading about dish sizes and types, but have posted this question anyway).

**Its the motorised dish control that I'm particularly struggling with.

Any comments would be GREATLY appreciated, and/or point me towards any relevant posts here. I have searched through them but any finely tuned guidence will again be appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Chris.