NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Compro Vista TH850e - Hong Kong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I got this card recectly and have been having some major problems getting it working properly in GBPVR...

The card has inputs for Composite / S-Video etc etc and the software / drivers that came with the TV card seem fine (meaning that using the software supplied I can watch channels and switch between the various inputs no problem).

The issue I am having, and I am not entirely sure I am doing this right or not is when creating the source, GBPVR recognizes the card but there is no option in there to define the source input (Composite / S-Video). As I understand it I will need to create two sources, one using the Composite input and another using the S-Video input for the same card, but currently in the card settings there is no option to select different source inputs.

I noticed in the Wiki that the TV-Card used as an example (Hauppauge-150) there is a drop down box that allow to select the input source, but its not available on my card.

Can this be right? I am pretty confused...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

Whatever
When it comes to analog, very few cards other than Hauppauge cards with GB-PVR, usually because the device doesnt include the required hardware MPEG2 encoder.

If you run the filtercheck.exe utility, then post the filtercheck.log, I'll check if it has a hardware encoder that could be used by GB-PVR.
Hi Sub,

Thanks for the super fast response. I will run the filter check tool tonight and post the log for sure...

Just also wanted to say thanks for this bit of software (not sure if you wrote the thing but I see your are doing all the maintenance). I really like it, just need to figure out if I can use it or not. I really want to use the EPG facilities and it seems that there are not so many choices out there...

Anyway, props for the SW and the fast response.

Will post the log later on today.

Cheers

Whatever
Hi Sub,

I am not sure where you are in the world but I am guessing that "Good Morning" is a safe bet...

Here is the filtercheck.exe log...

Thanks in advance, even if you tell me I bought the wrong card!

Whatever
Sorry, it doesnt look like this device has a hardware encoder, so the composite/svideo inputs will not be usable in GB-PVR.
Aahh...damn it...

I knew I shouldn't have bought it...I searched for quite a bit and couldn't find a Hauppauge anywhere over here...guess I will have to go on the hunt again!

Anyway, thanks for the info Subs...

I will probably be back on the forums once I get this sorted out. So speak again then!

Thanks

Whatever
Oh, maybe I can ask you a question...

I am lucky that I have pretty much limitless resources and I am looking for a card that will work seamlessly with GBPVR and give a slick, crisp picture quality in my HTPC.

I am just going to be viewing terrestial TV over the normal co-ax ariel and cable through S-Video (via my set top box)...

What card would you recommend?

Cheers

Whatever
Whatever,

I'm pretty sure teher are still Hauppauge cards (PVR-150s PVR-500's) at Sham Shui Po, Mong Kok and Wanchai Computer Mall. Try DV-Club Nonthing on their web-site http://www.dvclub.com.hk/ but IIRC the shops at MK and SSP have them still.

More at http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=8353

(p.s. If I had unlimited resources I'd be windsurfing, not sitting around watching TV :-) )

k.
p.s. I have 2x Hauppauge PVR-150's for Terrestrial FTA and NowBB. Can't get a DMB-TH signal where I live. If you need help with TVxB let me know I have ini's for some of the NowBB and CableTV Channels, although I no longer have CableTV, just NowBB.

k.
JKSmurf,

Firstly, I would like to thank you and HK Phoey for your posts, they have provided many answers to most of my questions, I have been lurking mostly and picking up most of the knowledge from you guys posts.

Thanks for the shopping tips, I will do another rekkie of MK and the golden market again next weekend. I am over in GuangZhou this weekend.

When I said unlimited resources, I meant in relation to buying a decent TV Card...not unlimited resources full stop!Big Grin If I had I would be snowboarding (or asking you to teach me how to windsurf)! But, like the majority of us I gotta work, sigh...:o

Actually the main reason behind this HTPC project for me is to consolidate all my media (and get rid of the multitude of remote controls we have at home)!

Any tips on what card to buy? I am really not enthused by the picture quality over S-Video on the TH850e right now, quite blurry in comparison watching directly over the set top box, is this normal? Can i expect a better quality picture with a better quality card?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Whatever
Pages: 1 2