NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nova-S2-HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I've read quite a lot of threads on here regarding DVB-S2 cards, and it looks like the Nova-S2-HD is a pretty well supported one, so I've gone ahead and ordered one.

Currently I'm running a Nova-T 500 which works great, but I'm looking for info on how I go about setting up the new one? Do I just chuck it in the box, install the drivers and then use config.exe to scan for channels? I've read info about a satellites.ini and bda.ini that it looks like I might have to edit though?

FYI I'm in the UK, interested in recieving UK freesat channels (including the HD ones).

If this has already been answered somewhere, sorry - I've looked around a fair bit. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can give ready for when it arrives!
They work much like the DVB-T ones - as you giuessed.

Add card, install BDA drivers, add it in config.
The only difference is that you don't get an EPG over the air, so you need a way to get an EPG. I use xmltvgui and the Radio Times feed. Someone (external) has written an EPG grabber that digs it out of the Satellite stream - this thread has some info
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=41899