NextPVR Forums

Full Version: request cannot be processed again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi folks.
I have three popcorns all running an index.htm. From the index I call gbpvr.cgi to run gbpvr from the hard drive of the popcorn. They were all working fine. Now one of the popcorns gets the response "request cannot be processed". The other two still work fine.
I copied the mvpmc folder from the popcorn working over the top but still no luck.
This is the gbpvr.cgi file
Code:
!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 80";
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

cd ~
mkdir /etc/mvpmc >/dev/NULL
echo "";

if [ -f /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 ]
  then
  echo "Already Connected!";
else  
   mount --bind  /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/HARD_DISK/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc
   mount -t cifs //192.168.1.1/MVPMC /etc/mvpmc/ -o username=guest,rw;
   cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin;
   chmod 777 /etc/mvpmc/*;
   utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
   ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
   ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
   ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
   ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123
   echo "Telnetd started on port 23............";
fi

killall gaya
sh -c /etc/mvpmc/startmeup 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &

I am using the mount on demand from journey1234 but that works fine on the others. I have read heaps but still lost.
thanks for any help
Dave
I went through a period of this sort of problem and it is a real pain to fix as there are no diagnostics, logs or anything to pin down the cause Sad

I think the last time it happened, it was down to Windows and capitalisation (or not) of the filename when it got copied. Directory attributes on the PCH have also given me grief in the past.

Sorry, can't pinpoint your problem.
i had the same problem with the default install.
as far as i remember there are 2 problems with the script:

1)
mkdir /etc/mvpmc >/dev/NULL
=> must be changed to
mkdir /etc/mvpmc >/dev/null

2)
if [ -f /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 ]
then
else
fi

=> must be changed to
if [ -f /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 ] then
else
fi

hope i remember it right now (though i'm pretty sure i do Smile)
and maybe this could be changed in the default-install too...
Some diagnostic ideas are included here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=40394

@Turas I will make the suggested changes for USB, they were user submitted and I was told it worked /dev/NULL won't cause a problem just a tiny file.

Martin
caution, as when i move the 'then' to next line, mine doesn't work anymore...
make sure it works for you before updating the main one as it's been working fine for people..
i agree about the /dev/null part tho...lowercase is correct..

might also want to add a couple of <BR> at top as i usually can't see very first line if there are any errors...[overscan] Sad
like:
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

echo "<BR><BR><BR>";
etc..etc..
[must leave that blank line between the 2 echos]
Thanks for the replies
tried all but still no luck. I even tried deleting the mvpmc folder and coping the mvpmc from the other popcorn that is working. Still no luck.
i do run the mono wrapper from journey and when I run gbpvr on the other popcorn's i do get an error but if I hit return and hit gbpvr again it works. This is what used to happen on them all. This pch-lounge is the main one I use as it has the kids movies on it.
I might try to # some lines out in gbpvr.cgi and see where it falls over.
Any other thoughts are appreciated.
thanks again
Dave
I don't support user scripts but that one is just so wrong that I am surprised no one else mentioned it. You can't mount two items to the same point (/etc/mvpmc), choose either the bind to the hard disk or the cifs share

Martin
Hi Martin
Nice to here from you again.
I changed what you said and the same thing still happened.
I changed the index to run GB-PVR.html and that runs but as soon as I click on the options the same problem happens. I even changed the index to run a simple cgi file and the same problem happens. I'm wondering if the permissions have some how changed or I cant play cgi files on this popcorn anymore. I will keep playing around and see.
thanks again
Dave
Hi Dave. cgi files still run fine it is something unique to your setup. Perhaps you are editing your cgi file with a bad editor.

Ma
Hi Martin
I'm using edit pad lite.
Just a little progress so far. I was able to run just an echo to the screen from a cgi. Then I moved it to the mvpmc folder and it still ran. I put the # sign in front of most of the lines in gbpvr.cgi but then the error came up. I think i'm starting to get close.
I do agree there is something strange with the cgi
Dave
Pages: 1 2 3