NextPVR Forums

Full Version: SlimmGBPVR: Four questions to Slimm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

I have five questions about the great SlimmGBPVR:

1. How can I map the Exit-Button in GBPVR to Slimm's hibernate?

2. If I initiate a manual hibernate, e.g. using the power-button, and Slimm catches this one, will Slimm then go into delayed hibernate?

3. If Slimm is in delayed hibernate mode, is it possible to leave that mode? E.g. will it be left if I move the mouse or press a key?

4. Assuming a recording starts at 10 AM and I am doing hibernate at 9:59:50. Will the computer go to hibernate? Or does Slimm have a pre-recording avoid-hibernate interval, so that e.g. the computer does not go to standby x minutes before a recording starts.

5. Does Slimm also catch hibernates if EPG is being updated or only for recordings?

Feature request:

Is it possible to add a timer-base auto-hibernate function so that the computer will go hibernate after x minutes of inactivity?

Dero
dero Wrote:Is it possible to add a timer-base auto-hibernate function so that the computer will go hibernate after x minutes of inactivity?
Windows has this built in - Google for "Windows Power Managment"
dero Wrote:1. How can I map the Exit-Button in GBPVR to Slimm's hibernate?
You can't.

dero Wrote:2. If I initiate a manual hibernate, e.g. using the power-button, and Slimm catches this one, will Slimm then go into delayed hibernate?
If Slimm catches it, yes.

dero Wrote:3. If Slimm is in delayed hibernate mode, is it possible to leave that mode? E.g. will it be left if I move the mouse or press a key?
You can leave delayed hibernate by going to Slimm GBPVR's Shutdown menu and deselecting the hibernate option. It will not be left by moving the mouse or pressing a key.

dero Wrote:4. Assuming a recording starts at 10 AM and I am doing hibernate at 9:59:50. Will the computer go to hibernate? Or does Slimm have a pre-recording avoid-hibernate interval, so that e.g. the computer does not go to standby x minutes before a recording starts.
The computer will certainly attempt to hibernate but it is possible that it would wake up immediately.

dero Wrote:5. Does Slimm also catch hibernates if EPG is being updated or only for recordings?
Only for recordings.

I should add the disclaimer that catching suspend states has proven to be a rather hit-and-miss affair for me but if it works for you, excellent!