NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Subtitles and AC3 audio in Director's Cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a support for showing ATSC closed captions or SRT subtitles in Director's Cut MVPMCX2? Also, I noticed that audio from live broadcasts is sent to the receiver in PCM while it's being broadcasted in AC3 - is there a way to enable raw sound passthrough to receiver via SPDIF?

In previous version of MVPMCX2 when MPEG TS processing was done by NMT both SRТ subtitles and AC3 passthrough were enabled.

Thank you!
The diversity in this one post certainly shows the challenges that programming mvpmcx2 has to deal with

GBPVR does support SRT files but I believe you have to enable the srt viewer via config.exe, I know they come across for me. I don't believe the OSD implementation for HD will match the quality of the PCH player until sub optimizes it however.

As for closed captioning native CC is available too if your analog monitor hardware is up to it I've attached a sample. It works from livetv too. HDMI doesn't support hardware CC decoding but I will be looking at software 608 decoding available on the PCH but not implemented by Syabas

I haven't got AC3 passthru working, it keeps cutting back to pcm. It is tough to work on this without bothering my wife so it is low priority.

If you ever need the features of the PCH player use the USB Eject key instead of the OK when selecting a file.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:The diversity in this one post certainly shows the challenges that programming mvpmcx2 has to deal with
Martin

It shows me that people are getting used to the incredible work you and Sub are doing, and therefore just ask if this and that works or not etc.
You are spoiling us that's it.:p
Please don't stop doing that.
But keep your priorities right: WAF comes 1st 2nd and 3rd, then the rest of the worlds problems.Wink

cya Hans