NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Convert .vob to .mpg for MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to use OJOsoft Total Video Converter to convert some.vob files to .mpg files to play on the MVP. I have tried converting to .mpg extension with Mpeg Layer 1 audio, and MP3 audio. Neither of these play audio on the MVP. Has anyone done this? What am I missing? The Wiki for the hauppauge MVP says it plays MP3's and I thought I found somewhere on here that it also plays Mpeg Layer 1 audio. I am trying to convert them to something native to the MVP so I can fast forward and rewind reliably.

Or is there a better converter?
I believe .vob files are actually .mpg files with a different extension name. So, just try renaming them to .mpg

em
Same result. I can play the video, but there is no audio.
A vob can contain AC3 tracks which can't be played with the Hauppauge dongle and play out of sync with mvpmc. Converting the AC3 to MP2 audio for the MVP is one of the challenges because while you might be able to navigate the file with GBPVR after transcoding there is a possibility of audio sync issues.

Martin
So what is the optimal audio/video encoding for the MVP? Is there one that will fast forward correctly?