NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMT CSI Community Software Installer Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ger Teunis has added support for launching mvpmcx2 and GB-PVR from his excellent CSI program http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...#pid188521 Using CSI mvpmcx2 can be installed on a PCH remote hard disk without setting up a share avoiding many of the the difficulties new users have faced.

I highly recommended that all new users start with the NMTInstall2 program to install N-PVR for the NMT, then install mvpmcx2 via CSI and then test directly from the NMT webservices.

It deviates slightly from the normal scripts and I'd like to use this thread for feedback and to discuss it as we learn more about it.

Good luck and thanks to Ger for this excellent work.

Martin
Can you set up a remote USB on the PCH in the same way, for those of us w/o disks?
No, CSI is designed for hard disk users, and it leverages some of the hard disk apps, to do the magic. It's not that this version is better than the other USB scripts or the share method, it is just easier for new users who use a hard disk.

Martin
In theory I can make CSI compatible with NMT's without HDD. CSI and appinit (NMT's side of CSI) are completely self-contained without the need of an HDD or NMT apps installed except for the web server I reuse for web and gaya interfaces.

I'll investigate how to get CSI working on non-HDD NMT's, which isn't hard I figure.
CSI has now been updated to the new version of mvpmcx2 too.

Martin
I used CSI to install lastnight all works fine out of the box but next and previous dont work prefixed with a number like the latest version.

I assume I need to copy the latest version of mvpmcx2 onto the PCH somewhere
I just checked and NSI does install the June 4 version of mvpmcx2 so the problem is something different. Check some of the suggestions here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=42432 a new thread if you still have problems.

Martin
Martin

I copied the mvpmcx2 file from my share on the GBPVR aerver and placed onto the PCH replacing the one installed with CSI and it fixed the problem.

file size was the same so not sure what the problem was.

Steve
It sounds like you could have modified config.xml without restarting the Recording Service. Glad its going now.

Martin
Martin, dont think that was the problem as using the PCH how I have been up to this point worked fine, but I maybe wrong.

Steve
Pages: 1 2