NextPVR Forums

Full Version: mdapi / encrypted channel not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Like the title say i can not see any encrypted channel on my pch, only fta channels working.

on pc with pvrx2 i can see encrypted channels, so pch dont give command to mdapi orso, some 1 can help me with that?

Thnx
On the PC, can you record a show on an encrypted channel, then later watch it?
sub Wrote:On the PC, can you record a show on an encrypted channel, then later watch it?

Yes thats working also whene watching on pc from pvrx2 works with encrypted channel and mdapi only whene i try to watch on pch it wont start mdapi only fta channels working on pch.
Does that recording that viewed fine on the PC, not play on the PCH? Its not clear from your post above.

Is the problem only live tv?
sub Wrote:Does that recording that viewed fine on the PC, not play on the PCH? Its not clear from your post above.

Is the problem only live tv?

Sorry my english is not so fine.

If i record from pc and i watch on pch it works, but livetv on pch wont encrypt the channels.

So on pc i start pvrx2 en i tune to encrypted channel mdapi kicks in en decrypt the channel and i can watch without problem.

If i do it on the pch (livetv) it wont decrypt the channel (mdapi wont start)

i hope is clear Smile
No1 with this problem?
To be honest, I dont know what the cause of your problem is. Live TV supplied to the PCH is pretty much a recording, and it then tells the PCH to start playing that recording file. If its not working, then maybe the decryption is taking too long to start. Sorry, I dont really have any suggestions for you.
sub Wrote:To be honest, I dont know what the cause of your problem is. Live TV supplied to the PCH is pretty much a recording, and it then tells the PCH to start playing that recording file. If its not working, then maybe the decryption is taking too long to start. Sorry, I dont really have any suggestions for you.

So i need to shorting the time for decoding the encrypted file,
Is so strange on pc it working and it move the files to c:\temp i can see the files there, whene i start on pc i see uncrypted files but indeed with pch i see the file but still encrypted.

i will upload log file meaby you see someting wrong.
Meaby someone else have this setup working?
I have the exact same problem and was just about to start a thread in the "MVPMCX2 and other NMT stuff" subforum.

Everything works perfect on the PC. I can watch the encrypted channels without any problems. When I try to watch them on my PCH I get just a black screen. This is when trying to wath LiveTV. If I try to flip between channels on the PCH between an unencrypted/encrypted channel it will most likely cause the PCH to freeze up so that my only way out of this is a power toggle..

I had this problem with the first release of MVPMCX2 and it has existed in every version since then. I am now on the 2009-06-04 version.

Anyone have any idea?
Pages: 1 2 3