NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any sort of update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just about got the base structure completed and I'm nearing the point of bringing in other developers to help on the plugin. However, I will be on vacation Sunday for the next week so I'll have to finish it up when I get back.

Database updates:

There will be a standalone program for creating the database but it will only be released to developers and not every end user. The reason for this is because of the call limits placed on the API by Netflix.

Source code:

I'll be setting up a private repository for the plugin code and access will be limited due to the private key used by the Netflix API and the call limits. When I say "limited", it basically just means you must be a contributing member of the GBPVR community. Pretty much everyone here qualifies, I just don't want some random Joe downloading it from the web because of the API keys. There will be a other people (not just me) who will be able to grant access to the repository.

If you are not a c# programmer but you are good with SQLite database structures, feel free to join the repository.

The source code will be made freely available to anyone (including the source for the database creation) that wants it, with the only difference to the code being that the API keys will be removed and you will have to supply their own.

Executable builds will be available publicly as fast as any of the repository devs wants to create one.

Don't PM me about access just yet. I'm going on vacation first. Big Grin

Silverlight:

I now know the keypresses required to enable trickplay (FF/REW) on the Silverlight player and I should be able to enable remote control functionality. The only problem I'm running into is that the keypress translations do not work in fullscreen mode. In non fullscreen mode I can make the video the same size as fullscreen but the video is anchored to the top of the screen/window instead of the center. We may have to live with this I'm afraid or use HIP or something to translate the keypresses for fullscreen.

There is also a way to adjust the bitrate of the Silverlight stream but a mouse will be required to do it.
Sounds like a very nice plugin!
I'm new to the netflix plugin but not GBPVR and was wondering since netflix have a public list of there urls to pull up Netflix Top 25 by Genre is there an xml file that can be changed to point to the url.. example Action & Adventure Top 25 url would be
http://rss.netflix.com/Top25RSS?gid=296, that way we can make the changes in the xml file as netflix make changes to there site. Just a suggestion for those of us that like to hack on xml files..:-)
dljones8053 Wrote:I'm new to the netflix plugin but not GBPVR and was wondering since netflix have a public list of there urls to pull up Netflix Top 25 by Genre is there an xml file that can be changed to point to the url.. example Action & Adventure Top 25 url would be
http://rss.netflix.com/Top25RSS?gid=296, that way we can make the changes in the xml file as netflix make changes to there site. Just a suggestion for those of us that like to hack on xml files..:-)
It already pulls that list but unfortunately it then compares it to the MovieList.xml and only displays the entries contained in both. I've had to put off development of the new plugin due to recent events in my personal life but I have an idea that may work for creating the xml file currently released plugin.

If I can't get it done by the end of the week, I'll have one of the other developers on the forum do it.
Thanks Whurlston for the qucik replay, this was a suggestion and no hurry I have the plugin working today as long I don't use detail mode all works great.
Pages: 1 2