NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCH won't connect after install of hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was able ot get my PCH A-110 to connect to GBPVR before I installed a hard drive. Now, I can start telnet on port 23 from PCH. And I can telnet from my GBPVR computer to the PCH. I also have the firewall configured the same as before. I believe that all my scripts in the share C:\MVMVP directory are the same as before. In fact, I have gone through all the steps in the NMT WIKI to get my PCH running again.

To be fair, you should also know that I had experimented with sharing through Windows Media PLayer (Tools>Options>library tab>Configure sharing button. Then share my media to: PCH-A110)

Could the addition of a hard drive change the network share path/name?

Any other ideas?

CC
If you mean the GBPVR wiki on installing for the NMT you can ignore those instructions, they are outdated and won't work. I always recommend the NMTInstall program described in the Dummies Guide as the best way to install (or reinstall) GBPVR with NMT support.

Martin
cc1091 Wrote:Could the addition of a hard drive change the network share path/name?

Any other ideas?

I would have thought the quickest diagnostic would be to unplug the drive and see what happens then?
I also found this when I installed by HDD the scripts I used to use didnt work.

I now have new modified scripts installed on the HDD with WOL functionality, just need to get it to auto boot into GBPVR now then it should be wife friendly.
As BrainStormer points out regularly, when you use a hard disk and applications other than GBPVR, the NMT's disk cache can fill up causing load problems. There is nothing in mvpmcx2 that uses the cache. Clearing the cache is an option when you hit the Filemode remote key in the NMT software.

Martin
srhutch Wrote:just need to get it to auto boot into GBPVR now then it should be wife friendly.

I was cogitating if it was possible to replace one of the disc based apps that autostart like torrents or usenet?
mvallevand Wrote:If you mean the GBPVR wiki on installing for the NMT you can ignore those instructions, they are outdated and won't work. I always recommend the NMTInstall program described in the Dummies Guide as the best way to install (or reinstall) GBPVR with NMT support.

Martin

The wiki install instructions worked fine for me when I had no hard drive. Never the less, please point me to where the NMTInstall program is located as I cannot find reference to a 'dummies' guide in the wiki.

CC
martint123 Wrote:I would have thought the quickest diagnostic would be to unplug the drive and see what happens then?

Yes, when the drive is pulled from the internal drive bay, the unit will connect with GBPVR. But since I do want the internal drive in the PCH, I don't consider this a solution.
martint123 Wrote:I was cogitating if it was possible to replace one of the disc based apps that autostart like torrents or usenet?

I thought somebody had worked out how to autoload GBPVR from the PCH or am I wrong?
Basically there is no supported method from full power off, pBS talked about releasing a user script to reload from a previously loaded share but the index.html solutions aren't perfect the PCH forgets from time to time.

Martin
Pages: 1 2