NextPVR Forums

Full Version: win 7 x64 PCH problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to move to the x64 version of win 7 being the way of the future. I am having a lot of success but am stuck with a PCH problem. All went well on vista32 and win 7 x86.

I installed gbpvr then I copied the gbpvr folder from the working win 7 x86 folder. Everything seems fine on the PC (after fiddling with codecs!!).

I can get GBPVR up on the PCH and many things work but it won't play videos, music, net radio or LiveTV. A server is started in config and I have allowed pvrx2.exe, pchserve.exe and gbpvrrecordingservice.exe through the FW. (I tried with FW off, as well). Sounds like the streaming function is not working.

After I try to play stuff, the response from the server goes really sluggish.

In the mvp-pvrx2 log (attached) I see errors that are likely indicative. These are 'Socket SelectWrite...failed'.

I have tried searching for a solution but didn't find one. The problems start occurring in the log at around 10:58 ish and relate to music and videos.

Sorry to be a nuisance but I am so close.....!

PS Don't know if it is relevant or not, but the PCH won't start up from the USB. I have yet to tackle this though as it starts from the mvpmc share.
Lindsay, could you upload the other logs too please.

Thanks

Martin
I have started again, Martin. The attached start from a config.exe reset.
There's the error I was expecting, the web server is not starting.

Code:
2009-06-16 12:45:47.233    ERROR    [4]    Error starting webserver: Could not load file or assembly 'GBPVRRecordingService, Version=1.0.3387.15355, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Other than doing a full power off and reboot I don't know how to fix this.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:There's the error I was expecting, the web server is not starting.

Other than doing a full power off and reboot I don't know how to fix this.

Martin

I do! And as soon as I saw that I remembered how many other times I had told myself I would not fall for that one again:mad: That sodding 'Allow to interact with desktop' setting in the gbvbrrecordng service. I was so busy sorting out new op sys stuff I clean forgot about the hardy annual (that's my excuse, anyway).

Really sorry, Martin, for being so forgetful. Boy, I wish the installer could set this!!

Thanks, and cheers, it works great, now.

So, x64 doesn't seem to be a problem with GBPVR and the PCH.
Good actually the NMTInstall program does set this on XP and Vista. Did you use it on Win 7 do install the PCH pieces?

Martin
No, I didn't use the NMT installer. I was trying to use all the work done previously to set this up! One of the things that concerned me was that I had lost track of the updated exe's etc so just copied the old folder.

Good to know that your installer sets that service setting. Tell sub how to do it in GBPVR!Big Grin

The USB start-up is going now, as well, so back to how we were. Whew.