NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Noisy recordings on PCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I upgraded to the new software from June 4, recordings shown om my 16:9 TV (HDMI connection ) are noisy/grainy. Menus are sharp, so just the recordings give problems. Have upgraded also PVRX2 and GBPVRRecordingService as instructed.
Settings in startmeup are /etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 1080i --frequency 50 &, on the A-110 also 1080i 50 and in config.xml:

<MAC-0006DC43BC2B>
<MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>true</MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>
<MVPClientType>PCH2</MVPClientType>
<MVPWidth>1232</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>688</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>24</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>16</MVPOffsetY>
<MVPTranscodeTS>false</MVPTranscodeTS>
<MVPTranscodeAVI>false</MVPTranscodeAVI>
<MVPTranscodeWMV>false</MVPTranscodeWMV>
<MVPTranscodeMKV>false</MVPTranscodeMKV>
</MAC-0006DC43BC2B>

Recordings are made with two Hauppauge PVR500MCE's. The same recordings play correctly on my two MVP's. Has anybody any clue?
OrakelJos Wrote:Recordings are made with two Hauppauge PVR500MCE's. The same recordings play correctly on my two MVP's. Has anybody any clue?
Maybe the volume is too high, which causes distortion of the sound? Have you tried to lower the volume of your PCH?

Chris
Sorry, you misunderstood me. The sound is o.k. but the picture is grainy (beeld met veel bewegend ruis ). It is like the original picture had a low resolution and is now upscaled too much which btw is not true because it is diplayed in good quality on the MVP's.
Upload a 15MB sample to megaupload and I will have a look. I suspect that the problem is related to the source file. I've found that that more I watch HD and even digital SD the worse analog captures look. Using crop on 4:3 broadcast is especially ugly because there isn't enough resolution to make it look good. You might want to connect your PCH into an SD CRT to see how it looks on the same monitor as the MVP. I find the PCH colour is more real, but it is different.

Martin
The problem is that is has worked correctly but not anymore. Only change has been the new firmware for the A-110 and the new version of MVPMCX2. The picture was before the updates better than the the MVP. Now it is considerable worse.
I will capture a short recording and upload it. Will sent you the link as I have done so.
Noticed that when I play the same recording directly from the share through the standard Popcorn interface I get the same bad quality on video. I will further investigate this and come back on the subject.
OrakelJos Wrote:Noticed that when I play the same recording directly from the share through the standard Popcorn interface I get the same bad quality on video. I will further investigate this and come back on the subject.

I wonder, did you change your frequency to 50 Mhz because I support it properly now? I know that is the PAL standard but perhaps 60 Mhz did better upconverting with your monitor?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I wonder, did you change your frequency to 50 Mhz because I support it properly now? I know that is the PAL standard but perhaps 60 Mhz did better upconverting with your monitor?

Martin

Sorry Martin that it took some time to respond but I was on holiday. The solution was that the NMT setting was changed from 720 to 1080p and without any parameters set, mvpmcx2 takes the same resolution. Have now set it to use 720 and the picture noise is vanished. Was just the result from upscaling a SD PAL signal to 1080.

Other question:
I make recordings from SD PAL so at a resolution of 720 x 576. The GBPVR menu correctly uses the whole screen on my Pioneer Plasma (1024 x 768 native resolution) but recordings are always shown in a smaller format with black bands on all 4 sides. After a couple of seconds the picture is stretched across the screen with black bands above and below.
I have been playing with the zoom parameter but without any result.
Using the zoom button corrects the problem but I would prefer a better solution.
Do you have any suggestions?
If you post a 30MB sample from the beginning of a file on megaupload and I will have a look.

Martin
Martin: file uploaded on http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6W9TZ23O
BTW: I am using HDMI
Pages: 1 2