NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EGreat M34A Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
My EGreat M34a finally arrived & I have been trying to get it working using the dummy guide install on my development machine.

When I, following the guide Test Connection, using the network browser select open GB-PVR via the Network Browser I get the message "CP:Cannot stat'/opt/sybhttpd"

Logs attached, not that I can see much in them
:o I know I shouldn't try to do things like this when I'm not feeling the best as I stuff things up like this time.....pays to actually select to download & install mvpmcx2 itself if you expect it to work.....like it is now after running through the install again :oSmile
That's great and understandable. You've been reading and wondering if your machine was going to work, anticipating the worst. Now if you have any questions let me know, I know some people are keen about you experience it's quite a savings and I want to get this working the best we can, maybe by focusing on the remote.

Martin
was wondering what this meant exactly:
"USB and eSATA host and slave (plug to PC to copy media files or plug in USB or eSATA devices)" means both are host *and* slave? or just USB? or it just acts like external drive when plugged into host port? boy i wish my a100 had this..
and "Power on/off control by RC
* Add one MCUCthen it can realize power on/off by RC"
real power off? or just like it is now just a sleep?

it doesn't even look like a hd will fit inside. Smile i'm assuming it's dual level inside...
[cpu-board below hdd]
yea, will be nice to add to the gbpvr nmt family with the price and added features..Smile
pBS Wrote:it doesn't even look like a hd will fit inside. Smile i'm assuming it's dual level inside...
[cpu-board below hdd]
yea, will be nice to add to the gbpvr nmt family with the price and added features..Smile

Nope no room for a hdd inside, the connector is on the side to connect a sata drive externally, but it does have the advantage that it fits in the hole the MVP came out of in my setup as it is only a little bit bigger than an MVP.
mvallevand Wrote:That's great and understandable. You've been reading and wondering if your machine was going to work, anticipating the worst.

Actually I was fairly confident it would work...to some extent...I was more worried about getting the remote to work.

Quote: Now if you have any questions let me know, I know some people are keen about you experience it's quite a savings and I want to get this working the best we can, maybe by focusing on the remote.Martin

Thanks Martin, I can confidently report it works very well from my shot time using it, I am amazed by how much faster it is over the MVP.

Now onto the remote(s) I have added the lircd1 stuff & tested using my silver Hauppauge remote from the MVP & the coloured buttons don't seem to do anything, my mce remote basically seems to work fine (coloured buttons work...yea) apart from the guide button that seems to be page up/down, my black Hauppauge remote that came with my hvr3000 (like a black mce remote) also seems to work & the guide button on it work as it should.....not sure where to go from here, but it would be nice if we could get the old mvp remote to work <grin>
When you say old do you mean the Hauppauge remote on the left here http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/remote ?

The MCE remote guide key doesn't work because that is the green key. Not all MCE remotes have colour keys so since they show as the same remote codes I couldn't make the best use of them. The other "wrong" keys are shown here http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=31

Martin
Jaggy Wrote:Nope no room for a hdd inside, the connector is on the side to connect a sata drive externally, but it does have the advantage that it fits in the hole the MVP came out of in my setup as it is only a little bit bigger than an MVP.

To add the M34A doesn't have an internal drive as a way of keeping costs down, the external SATA drive is a rather good compromise to install the NMT apps for those that want to do this.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:When you say old do you mean the Hauppauge remote on the left here http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/remote ?

No, they are all (I have 3 of them) the same as the one on the right.
i was more interested in the fact you can plug it into the pc:"eSATA host and slave (plug to PC to copy media files "

would be sweet if you could use it like a esata drive on pc to copy stuff over..i know the other new nmt units can do usb slave, but esata slave?

n/m, i see their other units do support it [esata slave] so i'd assume this one also...

sweet, this is a really, really nice unit..Smile
[dang i wish i had dts]:p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5