NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Slimm GBPVR 1.8.3447.20527 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an update of my GBPVRTray replacement, Slimm GB-PVR.

[SIZE="5"]To install[/SIZE]:
  1. Ensure you have installed .NET Framework 2.0. It can probably be installed by accessing your Windows Update or you can follow this download link: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable
  2. Download and install SlimmGBPVR: Download from SkyDrive

[SIZE="5"]Tray Features[/SIZE]:
  • The tray icon can now have a tooltip allowing you to disable the balloon if you wish and still receive information by hovering over the icon. The Tray Configuration form has a new System Tray Tool-tip area to customise the tool-tip. They are also a couple of additional registry settings to customise the tool-tip.
  • "Delay shutdown when intercepted" added to Tray Configuration/Advanced/Shutdown options.
  • If Slimm GBPVR is already running, when you start a new copy it will terminate the old one. This is handy for when Windows Explorer crashes and doesn’t restore the icon. Now you simply run Slimm GBPVR again; the old instance will be terminated and the new one, with a shiny new icon, will execute. It has been used to provide command-line access to Slimm GBPVR’s delayed shutdown features.
  • Command line switch /shutdown added.
[SIZE="5"]Tray Bug Fixes[/SIZE]:
  • If Slimm GBPVR cannot retrieve the tuner status (if, for example, one of your tuners has crashed), it will not execute an automatic (delayed) shutdown.
  • Tuner Status warning and error messages (that appear when the tuner status cannot be retrieved once or several times respectively) now use balloon tips instead of message boxes.
  • Auto-restart recording service now attempts to restart service a few times before throwing up an error balloon and not trying again.
  • Multiple instances of Slimm GBPVR are now closed via PostThreadMessage WM_QUIT instead of Process.Kill. This means that the application closes properly and the system tray icon is removed.
[SIZE="5"]Tray Coding[/SIZE]:
  • Slimm GBPVR now sets ES_AWAYMODE_REQUIRED for SetThreadExecutionState in compliance with Vista’s new rules on power management.
  • Vista and above only: Slimm GBPVR also sets ShudownBlockReason while GBPVR is recording so that when it prevents a system shutdown, Vista can tell the user why.
[SIZE="5"]GBPVRcli Features[/SIZE]:
  • /tunerstatus switch added.
If you are running Vista, you might find this article on How to Use SlimmGBPVR with Vista's User Account Control helpful.

For all details regarding current version, please see documentation which is installed alongside the utility and is available in the GBPVR start menu group.

[Image: x-click-but02.gif] Donations gratefully accepted. Click the button to send me £1 or more. Thanks.
this new shutdown switch is nice, only i see two little problems:
Slimm GBPVR seems to regard live tv as a recording, StandbyAfterNext activates when leaving live view.
if you have near recordings scheduled (say 2 minutes apart), it will shutdown in between.
Also, a cancelable countdown msgbox would seem really useful!
Installed this version and for some reason it is overwriting the config.xml always with the same information.

Do you have any procedure to do this? It's very strange and modify something and next time and start slim it overwrites with old information.
dalabera Wrote:Installed this version and for some reason it is overwriting the config.xml always with the same information.

Do you have any procedure to do this? It's very strange and modify something and next time and start slim it overwrites with old information.

I don't understand this. Slimm GBPVR does not modify config.xml in any way.

It does access it to find the location of the database and recordings directory but does not modify it. It uses the GBPVR dll's to do this, it is not bespoke code that accesses it.
When I click the 'About' menu item, SlimmGBPVR reports that it is version 1.8.3447.20527

Have I mysteriously been transported into the future? :confused: My EPG dates seem correct. Wink
HarryH3 Wrote:When I click the 'About' menu item, SlimmGBPVR reports that it is version 1.8.3447.20527

Have I mysteriously been transported into the future? :confused: My EPG dates seem correct. Wink

Yes, you have. You know when you got in that DeLorean. Well, when you went 88 miles per hour...

That is odd, though. The one I have installed here is .3447.20163 and my development version is .3449.something!
HarryH3 Wrote:When I click the 'About' menu item, SlimmGBPVR reports that it is version 1.8.3447.20527

Are you guys messing around? My copy of Slimm reports it is version 1.8.3447.20527.

I am having enough problems trying to get things working under Windows version 7 that I don't have time to start having problems with my machine running XP too.
LewE Wrote:Are you guys messing around? My copy of Slimm reports it is version 1.8.3447.20527.

I am having enough problems trying to get things working under Windows version 7 that I don't have time to start having problems with my machine running XP too.

The version I uploaded is .3447.20527. I just didn't have that installed on my own machine!
Mister Slimm Wrote:The version I uploaded is .3447.20527. I just didn't have that installed on my own machine!
Thanks. One less problem to worry about.

My experimenting with Windows 7 has somehow gotten my new machine so messed up that I am about to reformat the disks and reinstall Windows from scratch. I didn't want to be fighting a two front war on the two computers.