NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Typhhon PVR USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have the Typhoon PVR USB which is similar to Lifeview Walker (G07007 device). It's not working with any of the G07007 settings. Can anybody tell me how I can add my card?

manutoky

Edit: Sorry...wrong name of the card in the topic...

Well, you could have just installed the drivers for the Walker on your Typhoon, but the Typhoon drivers are actually better, as far as I can tell so far, except for the fact that the Typhoon drivers don't enable hardware MotionJPEG encoding, while the version 1.6 Lifeview drivers do.... I'm using the Typhoon drivers on my Walker Mini right now with GB-PVR, and it works quite well(no pause, as is the case with the LV drivers), with the exception of the same problems that have already been reported in the .90 announcement thread. Specifically, these problems are:

Loss of channel changing functionality. As reported before, I can change channels, and the OSD shows that it changed, but the tuner is still tuned to the original channel.

After an undetermined amount of time, the CPU usage for LiveTV(non-timeshift) goes from a working constant 60%, up to a jerky 90%, producing a picture that pauses about once every second. The Lifeview software only uses about 30% when decoding Divx live TV, so I wonder if there is some way to tell GB-PVR to use another codec for standard viewing instead of MPEG2, which also produces too large of timeshift temp files....

To add the Typhoon device to your configuration dialog, go to the installation directory of GB-PVR and edit the GO.ini file as follows, adding the parts that say,"|Typhoon TV PVR"(I couldn't get bold lettering to work [Image: smile.gif] ):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[SETUP-Main]
SupportedDevices=Plextor ConvertX M402U|Plextor ConvertX TV402U|WIS GO7007SB|LifeView TV Walker mini|LifeView TV Walker Ultra|Typhoon TV PVR
WithTuner=Plextor ConvertX TV402U|LifeView TV Walker mini|LifeView TV Walker Ultra|Typhoon TV PVR
VideoStandard=AUTO
[/QUOTE]

I also plan on trying this out using the driver and application(which is where the filters are) from the Russian version of this device, called the RoverMedia Telebox U2. Please let us know if you have the same issues that I am having.....

Hitek

----------------------------
Visit TV-Cards.com.