NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP+Zprocess: Avi plays with audio only, no video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I don't know why I do this; I always have to go fiddle with a working system thinking that an upgrade or a tweak would help an already perfect system. Well now my GBPVR setup is not working anymore and I don't know how to get it working again. Please help.

MVP,GBPVR (1.3.11) and ZProcess (2.0.278).

PVR works perfectly, however, I cannot play AVI files with ZProcess installed. If I remove the Refs to ZProcess then the AVI files play fine (with the loss of aspect ratio, as to be expected). If I add the refs in Zprocess then I get audio only with no video (using Mencoder as transcoder) or MVP reboots completely (using Ffmpeg as transcoder). Thinking it might help I have reinstalled GBPVR and Zprocess from scratch, fiddled with most of the settings unsuccesfully in Zprocess. I'm pretty sure the problem is with ZP as the avi files work fine (minus aspect ratios) if Zprocess is removed.

I'm attaching the logs if somebody could peek in there and tell me what I messed up.

All help much appreciated.
goobie Wrote:Hello,

I don't know why I do this; I always have to go fiddle with a working system thinking that an upgrade or a tweak would help an already perfect system. Well now my GBPVR setup is not working anymore and I don't know how to get it working again. Please help.

MVP,GBPVR (1.3.11) and ZProcess (2.0.278).

PVR works perfectly, however, I cannot play AVI files with ZProcess installed. If I remove the Refs to ZProcess then the AVI files play fine (with the loss of aspect ratio, as to be expected). If I add the refs in Zprocess then I get audio only with no video (using Mencoder as transcoder) or MVP reboots completely (using Ffmpeg as transcoder). Thinking it might help I have reinstalled GBPVR and Zprocess from scratch, fiddled with most of the settings unsuccesfully in Zprocess. I'm pretty sure the problem is with ZP as the avi files work fine (minus aspect ratios) if Zprocess is removed.

I'm attaching the logs if somebody could peek in there and tell me what I messed up.

All help much appreciated.

Don't bother reinstalling or tweaking GB-PVR. You're right something is happening with ZProcess/MEncoder/FFmpeg.

If the on the fly transcode works with ZProcess NOT installed, then GB-PVR and the correct version of FFmpeg is being used correctly.

For most AVI (divx/xvid) I prefer MEncoder, but ZProcess is quite picky on the version.

Make sure your versions of software match: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utili...ocess#toc6

If you have several versions of Mencoder/mplayer in different paths, make sure that the rc2 version is in c:\program files\mplayer

And then run 'RemoveAllZProcess.reg' which should return ZProcess to defaults.

With defaults, ZProcess will use MEncoder for most DivX/xvid AVIs, and letterbox, inside 4x3.
OK, fixed it...I hope!

Long story short, it turns out that I initially had the Pre-release of ZProcess installed and not 2.0.278 (newest official release) as I thought. Guessing here; but It looks like the pre-release leaves a "footprint" somewhere which causes a problem, creating compatibility issues with previous versions of ZP. I reinstalled the pre-release and now all is well again.
goobie Wrote:OK, fixed it...I hope!

Long story short, it turns out that I initially had the Pre-release of ZProcess installed and not 2.0.278 (newest official release) as I thought. Guessing here; but It looks like the pre-release leaves a "footprint" somewhere which causes a problem, creating compatibility issues with previous versions of ZP. I reinstalled the pre-release and now all is well again.

I think I'm going to pul the 'pre-release' because that branch of my project has died out.

I have been working on a complete rewrite, and from the ground up, it's designed to catch these type of errors that you had... But time is not on my side at the moment...