NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Router
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased a Linksys WRT54G2 router to replace a Netgear WGR614 router that I was having problems with it. This router appears not to be able to reserve IP addresses. I made no changes to the computer which gbpvr resides on. Now when I try and access the gbpvr computer with the pch browser all I get is the spinning wheel. I am able to access my Windows Home Server pc, just not the gbpvr pc. The gbpvr computer's operating system is Vista Home Premium. Can anyone see something that I'm missing?

Martin,
I did not change the IP address of the gbpvr computer. I am not sure what IP address the PCH is currently using though.
The PCH IP should be shown on the PCH's Setup Network screen. It will have to be on the same sub net as your GBPVR server.

Martin
Ok, I see it. Its the same as before I changed routers, 192.168.0.6.
The subnet is still 255.255.255.0.
I would have expected that it changed, is it static too? Your subnet is actually 192.168.0.0/24 so your router gateway must be in that range and you should make it the same as it was on your old router.

Anyway this is not an mvpmcx2 problem, it is basic networking check your cables and IP's. If you still have problems compress and upload your GBPVR logs.

Martin
I just figured it out, its the Mcafee Firewall. When I turn it off I can access the the gbpvr pc and load gbpvr. Not sure why that would change. I can't leave it turned off so I'll have to figure out how to give it permission.
As I said in my first post in your other thread, it could be a firewall subnet problem. I checked the linksys guide and it defaults to 192.168.1.1 which is not considered local to your firewall Good luck.

Martin
Thanks Martin