NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVPMCX2, PCH and Windows Home Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got myself a WHS and moved all my media there. Things works fine, from my PCHs I can reach all my files using a PCH account created on the WHS. Also, using GBPVR on my computer I can reach the files as they are mapped to 3 network drives (x: (Movies), y: (Music) and z: (Pictures)). Also this is through an account on the WHS. However, running GBPVR on my PCH I am not able to see anyting. Nothing happens when I try to enter my movies for example. I guess its related to accounts and access of some kind, but I am not sure where to start. I tried to enable guest account but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea of what I need to do or if there are anything to look for in the logs.

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
By default GBPVR is installed with "Local System" privileges, which is definitely very restricted on the local machine and worse on networks. I am not a big fan of WHS, it is an expensive server and in general VHP would be better for use when local apps like GPBVR are required, but since you have it, change your user account to another less restricted account and use \\localhost\sharename instead of mapped drive letter, the recording service won't necessarily see your mappings.

Martin
Thanks Martin,

Will try tomorrow. Not really sure what you mean by "change your user account to another less restricted account" but I will have a look.

\\Agerdin
That was terribly unclear. You need to modify the rights of the GB-PVR Recording Service to run with a different account name for "This Account"

Martin
Thanks Martin,

All sorted and working fine now.

About WHS being too expensive, I dont know if I can agree, there is currently a great deal in Sweden on the Fujitsu Scaleo Home Server 2205 with 2 TB storage included for only 300 EUR.

\\Anders
I guess I was to quick to express my joy Sad It seems like the account change I did for GBPVRRecordingService has affected its ability to change channel using HIP. PVRX2 is still changing channel watchin live TV on the computer, but the recording service does not change, neither from the PCHs or in a recording.

What to do?

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
Perhaps this post from pBS offers a solution http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=2...stcount=26

Martin