NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMT Server Specs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been considering uprgading to a NMT and have a quick question about NMT MVPMCx2 and PCH2 mode. I run a pretty archaic setup for my recording/server needs. It drives an MVP pretty well, but I'm wondering if it will be up to the task with a NMT. Does the NMT interface for GBPVR need more processing power than the MVP?

Thanks,
Leaded
I haven't noticed any extra overhead being required on the server.
With SD MPEG files in PCH2 mode I would expect the NMT would actually require less from the server. Anything that requires transcoding like an AVI file will require significantly less load. HD MPEG files double the requirement for disk (so 4x times for livetv) and network use so your drive and your LAN will be more of a factor than the server.

The only time I would have major concerns with a low-end backend that works with an MVP would be if I was thinking of using an existing wireless LAN bridge for HD or I was considering using an HDHR on a 100MB network.

Martin
Thanks for the replies. I'd put the NMT on the wired network and don't have a HDHR, so I'm leaning towards going for it.