NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Calling all NMT users!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am totally amazed how few positive messages I read on these forums about users experiences with their NMT (Network Media Tank) ie. PCH (Pop Corn Hour) EGreat etc. & GB-PVR!

I fully understand why mvallevand feels this is one of the least rewarding projects he has done, where as I feel he & sub have done a totally amazing job of integrating the NMT & GB-PVR!

I was recently accused of
Quote:Yeah – you are getting very evangelical about the NMT…<grin>
& I guess this is right but mainly it is because of other NMT users lack of positive messages for what I feel is a really Really REALLY good product for (as I said in another message recently)
Quote:a HD compatible, small footprint, totally silent, super fast, almost PnP client that only cost USA$159 + shipping (NZ$350 including shipping) (I couldn't even get close to building a silent WAF HD client PC (not to mention that small) for anywhere near that price)

The only thing I can think of that is causing this lack of positive messages is that other users aren't having the same positive experience as I am with their NMT & mvpmcx2 using PCH2 mode & GB-PVR??

So how about if you own an NMT & use it with GB-PVR at least post your experience with it in this thread to show Martin we do appreciate what he has done & is doing for us!
I have both the A100 and A110 as well as a client PC. The PCH running mvpmx2 in PCH2 mode is so much easier to use as a client and out performs the client PC in a lot of ways. I think mvallevand and sub have done an excellent job integrating the two of them together. Although mvallevand may feel discouraged at times, I hope he realizes how much some of us appreciate the work he has done.

Jeff
i have a tv that would be nearly useless without it! Smile
a 4:3 1080i 55" tv without a hd tuner in it and only component inputs..
looks fabulous with the pch...Big Grin
and yes, the pch outperforms a client in playback in several areas...

it's gotten really fast on the interface even, nearing local speeds..
i have never had problems watching live HD over a wireless g setup..

and the addition of the additional remotes was simply brilliant Wink

it's neat, sweet, and pretty complete...
The Client on Steroids Big Grin
Guys, believe me I know most mvpmcx2 users are happy. My biggest current problem are that I am just a casual GBPVR user, there's no digital TV to speak of for me to watch, and I think comskip is largely too much work for very little gain, so I am actually not really qualified to answer usage questions.

However the lack of satisfaction really started with the struggles and delays with getting to PCH2 mode. Once I got it working with sub's help of course, I was surprised that more NMT users didn't even try it, it addresses most user complaints yet I've actually received far more negative comments from people that haven't even tried it then I expected.

Martin
If you hadn't debugged and tested it so well and left a few bugs in it then you may have heard from more people using it Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Could it also be that the earlier version works well enough that some users of it don't realise how much of an improvement PCH2 is?

Anyway, thanks again from me (and the family).
I want to thank you for your hard work, i havent commented neg or positive only because it works so well. I am extreemely please with your integration of the NMT and GBPVR.

before all this happend i built a client PC and let me say it was much more difficult to get it working well than the mvpmcx2 so once again than you and awesome work.
I have left bumping this thread for a number of days to see if there was going to be any more response from NMT users but alas.........I have to admit I am rather underwhelmed by the response.........so in conclusion it looks like there are a total of "five" happy GB-PVR+NMT users, seems like a lot of work by sub & Martin for five of us?!?!?!

The main reason I started this thread in the hardware section was so non NMT users would see it & hopefully have a read & find out what a good (in my opinion almost the only) option the NMT is as a client for GB-PVR. I have seen threads all over the place discussing PC's as client machines (often codec hell, trying to stream both .ts & .mpg recording both of which are a total non issue for NMT users) but very few recommending the NMT as an alternative??

The second reason (lesser in one way but not in another) for starting this thread was to thank Martin & sub for their time & effort for our (five of us!) benefit.

So I will say again "Calling all NMT users" how about posting your experience with GB & your NMT (either good or bad) in this thread for others to read about?
I'm pleased enough that I ordered a second PCH (refurb) to replace a PC client on my other TV. The best thing about it IMO is that you don't have to fart around trying to get the right combo of video card/drivers/renderer/codecs/etc. The PCH has been pretty much plug & play for me and with Martin's installer it's even easier. No noisy fans or disk drives either. And $99 for a refurb PCH isn't much more (or maybe less) than a spiffy video card.
Just wanted to pop in and say, i'm a very pleased user as well. I actualy bought my first PCH april 2008 exclusivly for GBPVR, but never put it to use (it is now in another project).
I bought my second PCH februar 2009 - and it has been running with mvpmx2 in PCH2 mode ever since.
$215 for a client with all the needed codecs is a sweet deal. Add in the small footprint & practically silent operation...

I know it does other stuff, but I use both of mine exclusively for GBPVR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6