NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Installation improvements II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have updated the NMTInstall program so that a new version is not required for each update. Instead a file is downloaded from mvpmc.org and you can chose the updates you'd like. All the zip and 7z decoding is built in as in control of the Recording Services.

This will control updates to GBPVR and mvpmcx2 including new versions of GBPVR too.

Version checking has also been added so NMTInstall will not overwrite GBPVR with obsolete files on an update.

If you want to browse the updates that are currently managed here is the file http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/NMTInstall.xml If I miss any important updates let me know.

Martin
I want to apologize to any of you who have tried his unsuccessfully, I had disabled the 7z extraction of mvpmcx2 during testing. This part is now working as it should.

This obsoletes older versions of NMTInstall and when you click Detail you will see the following on old versions

Code:
Download C:\mvpmc\NMTInstall.xml OK
Please upgrade NMTInstall to version 1.1

At least this part is working, which is important with a new version of GBPVR on the horizon.

Martin
I have update NMTInstall.exe to help out new users, existing users don't really need it. The choices are

- the MAC address is stored in UPPER case.
- the run from USB actually works.

Note when v1.4.x of GB-PVR is released NMTInstall will suspended until I upgrade NMTInstall.xml

Also note 1.3.11 will no longer be supported using NMTInstall after 1.4.x is release.

Martin
Storing the MAC address in uppercase is a nice touch.. I had a blonde moment and entered it in lowercase when I setup my PCH the other day.