NextPVR Forums

Full Version: File types in GBPVR Video Library on NMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I jumped on the refurb PCH A-100 and just started setting it up last night. I wanted to say Great Job and Thank You to Martin and Sub. This really works great!
I do have one question about files in the GBPVR Video Library. I have a bunch of videos in the .m4v format. When I select one with the "Play" button or the "Eject" button I get the PCH "!" triangle and a "could not play" message and it falls back to the video library screen. If I append a ".avi" to the end of the file, I get the same thing with the play button, but the eject key will play the file. These files play fine through the PCH interface via a mapped share.

Is this a limitation of the file format, or do I need an additional tag in config.xml that says not to transcode these files, or something?
Thanks,
Leaded
Sub restricts the file types that can be played via the client, this is probably one of them. Once you play an invalid type you probably can't play any file. If you continue to have trouble playing it renamed as avi after a restart send the logs and I will have a look.

Martin
I don't seem to have any problems playing any files after trying to play a .m4v file. I think I'll probably just remux those to .mkv's since that appears to be a better long term format anyway.
Thanks for your help
Leaded