NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP wont play H264 mp4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I can get PVRx2 and media player to play an H264 mp4 file but MVP wont play it. I would welcome any advice on how to get it to play.
I am still running v1.2.13 and dont especially want the pain of upgrading as I have the system nicely tweaked.
My only tweak of GBPVR is that I edited the config.xml thus:
Quote:<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLinePAL>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400k -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 25 -s 704x576 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLinePAL>
<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>-y -i "{SOURCE_FILE}" -b 2400k -ac 2 -ab 128 -r 29.97 -s 704x480 -f svcd "{DEST_FILE}"</MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>
I tried changing it back to the default 352 x 288 but made no difference.
I read a post about allowing ffdshow to feed PVRX2.exe, I assume that was in the ffdshow Directshow Control configuration dialog and added PVRX2 to the list.
I have tried different flavours of video renderer..(Overlay Manager and VMR9 Custom)
No Dice
Here is graphedits graph:
[Image: graphedit.jpg]
and I have attached the logs

tia
Rory
For the MVP you need to play around with both the command line options and the versions of ffmpeg to see if there is a combination that will work for you. The direct show filters used on the PC don't play any role for MVP playback. I would suggest doing trying to convert it from the command line and update the command line options. Be careful not to break other files though.

For best results simply don't attempt on-the-fly transcoding and create an SD mpeg-2 PS file that will be MVP compatible ahead of time.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I will try those options.

Rory
It turns out ffmpeg can't resample the 6 channel audio as in command line it reports
Quote:Resampling with input channels greater than 2 unsupported.
Can not resample 6 channels @ 48000 Hz to 2 channels @ 48000 Hz
so i guess ill be doing it by hand Sad
but thanks, again, for the succinct and accurate advice Martin !

Rory