NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Refurb PCH-A100 "Request cannot be processed"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've come begging for help. I've had my refurbished PCH for two weeks now, and I've been unsuccessful at getting GBPVR to work on it.

I've followed the Dummies Guide, entered my MAC address without colons or spaces. I didn't check "mode" because it it is labeled "obsolete". I confirmed that the share name on the screen matches what's in GB-PVR.html. I've confirmed that my Firewall has exceptions for GBRecordingService.exe and PVRX2.exe.

NMTInstall.exe appears to be so easy to use. I've gotta be missing something very obvious.

I should mention that the PCH replaces an MVP that has been working for more than 2 years. I'm grateful for any suggestions.

tobor
Compress and upload your GBPVR logs and I will have a look.

Martin
Thanks, Martin. I'll do that tonight.

tobor
Just in case check the PCH's Setup->Maintenance screen too, you want to make sure the firmware is current. The scripts aren't compatible with really old firmware and anything before 01-17-080808-15-POP-402-000 is not recommended.

01-17-090204-15-POP-402.000 is current

Also you will need to explain what you are seeing, ie black screen how long etc.

Martin
Definitely upgrade your firmware. The version my refurb unit came with did not even have Network Browser, so I was kind of lost until I upgraded to the latest version. Also, I had to manually unzip the mvpmcx2.7z into the mvpmc share. I also was having a hard time with user privileges until I manually turned off sharing on the mvpmc folder and then turned it back on.
-Leaded
Right you are NMTInstall was not extracting mvpmcx2 properly. I have updated NMTInstall.

Martin
OK, updating the firmware and/or downloading and running NMTInstall made a difference. Now I get a black screen when I select GB-PVR from the on-screen menu. I'll continue troubleshooting with the information from previous posts and come back when I've made some progress. Thanks

tobor
Don't spend two weeks though, my next suggestion would be to look at your PCH settings and make sure the video mode is not set to Auto. If you can't get it please send logs.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Don't spend two weeks though
Big Grin

I don't want to give the impression that I'm so slow. I've been working on it in my meager spare time.

Tv mode is set to 720 p.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Thanks.

tobor
Your going to need to AutoStart just 1 MVP server and turn off the MVP's and redo the test.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4