NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OSD displays, but no timeline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am just starting to get GbPvr to run on my PCH. I installed mvpmcx2 via CSI and also updated the GbPvr files on my server with the NMTInstaller, and most things seem to work OK. I'm really impressed with the interface, speed, etc. One thing I seem to be having a problem with is the OSD. When watching a recording, if I hit pause sometimes I will get the OSD at the botton of the screen, sometimes not. But I never get the timeline display at the top of the screen. Anyone have any ideas?
tjb Wrote:One thing I seem to be having a problem with is the OSD. When watching a recording, if I hit pause sometimes I will get the OSD at the botton of the screen, sometimes not. But I never get the timeline display at the top of the screen. Anyone have any ideas?
Are you watching on a 4:3 standard definition screen?

If not, and you are using an SD skin but watching on a widescreen television and have the television zoomed to scale the disolay out to wide screen, then the timeline of the OSD will be just above the top of the display. If this is the case, go into the OSD skin.xml file and change the PLACEMENT for the Timeline to be lower. In the LOC statement, the second prarameter is how far down the screen the timeline should appear.
tjb, I am baffled by LewE's explanation, you definitely should not need to modify the skin and the zoom key on the PCH remote will not move the OSD. Please compress and upload your logs and I will have a look.

Martin
I think LewE means if you are using the zoom function on the TV as opposed to the zoom function on the PCH.
dark_half Wrote:I think LewE means if you are using the zoom function on the TV as opposed to the zoom function on the PCH.
Yes. I did mean the television's built-in zoom. Sorry for the confusion.
I have to press the blue button to get the timeline to show up (sometimes press it twice I seem to remember) but that doesn't explain why the OSD isn't showing every time when you pause the video. I think logs for Martin to have a look at would be a very good idea.
Thanks for all the replies. It is an HDTV 16:9 format, and the picture is not zoomed in. The entire picture displays, just no timeline. I will post logs tomorrow when I get back.
Here are the logs you requested. When viewing a recording, the OSD at the bottom of the screen always works on the first pause, and then maybe once every 7 or 8 tries. As I mentioned before, the timeline is never displayed at the top. Thanks again for your help.
tjb, it looks like your config.xml screen settings might be causing the problem. Could you reset these to 1280 720 0 0 and see if that fixes the problem.

Martin
I started out with the settings 1280 x 720 but the GbPvr menus did not fit on the screen. I thought that may also be the reason why the timeline was not displaying (cut off similar to the menu system).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5