NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No content found on server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wildpitch Wrote:I very much like the look of what the folks here have done, I've been using XBMC on a 1st gen xbox for what seems like years but needed something that would deal with hi def stuff hence the PCH purchase. The PCH itself is cracking, aside from the fairly crap interface of course and hence this is what led me to try GBPVR. I'm sure GBPVR is ace but having followed the guide here... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=38896 I cannot get the PCH to see anything via GBPVR. Having googled and googled and rebooted and rebooted for the last hour I give in and hope that someone here can provide some pointers on what to check etc.

Also, I have all my files on a NAS (5 disc Synology thing), I do though have a server always on. If I can get PCH / GBPVR to talk to each other would all data get to the PCH as follows...

NAS to GBPVR to PCH or is it possible to have the files go direct to the PCH as they do now?

Thanks in advance.

PS GBPVR is installed to an XP host on my network. And the error I get when I browse to my GBPVR server on the PCH is "No Content Found On This Server". PCH is A110

This sounds like a permssion problem on the mvpmc share. You should be able to see the GB-PVR.htm file. You can put the mvpmc share on a NAS too, if you find those easier to setup, Windows guest accounts can be tricky. A good google search would find some useful links as follows

no content found on server site:forums.gbpvr.com

GBPVR allows you to load all your NAS devices without remapping. You can go either go directly from the PCH to the NAS or indirectly via GBPVR, although I find http indirectly is still faster.

Martin
During my troubleshooting of my PCH I received this same no content found on server. After disabling the Windows firewall, this error went away. It didn't utlimately solve my problem, but it got me closer!Big Grin
Kevina, I don't think the Windows firewall would block Windows sharing by default, I think it was when you turned off password protected sharing you found success.

Martin
wildpitch Wrote:Thanks for that Martin, permissions were part of the problem. Had to get out in a hurry this morning so couldn't fully test, but I did get beyond the sticking point last night. And can access the gbpvr.htm file, yet on executing it from the PCH I get a 3 x GBPVR option menu, and regardless of the option I select I get "Request cannot be processed" - press return. Anyone any ideas on this problem please?

If the Netbrowser option isn't working it is still a permission problem on the files, or you edited the files with a Windows text editor.

Don't bother trying the USB option.

Martin
thanks martin, I didn't knowingly save a file after viewing a few in notepad but anything is possible, and I did look at a couple after reading in a thread about making sure that PCH was defined as the MVP client (or something along those lines) in one of the XML docs. I'll reinstall tonight and ensure guest can access the all the files.