NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Strange PCH behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I just upgraded to 1.3.11 a couple of days ago using the NMTInstall.exe, and the upgrade itself went fine. However, now I'm attempting to get my PCH to work with GBPVR (the real reason for the upgrade) and it's giving me fits.

I'm running GBPVR on a Windows 2003 server, I have enabled the Guest account and granted it and the Everyone group access to the MVPMC share. I also granted the Everyone group access to the GBPVR folder. Once I did this, I was suddenly able to at least launch the GB_PVR via Network Browser link from the GB-PVR.html file. Prior to that I could get to the html file and launch it successfully, but regardless of which link I chose, I always received an error stating "Request cannot be processed".

Interestingly, I still receive that error if I go through the share that I created on the PCH, but the browser link at least comes up if I launch the html file via the network browse option. However, as soon as I attempt to move on the GBPVR screen that comes up, the PCH reboots and I'm right back at the beginning!

I've tried mapping the share as root, guest, as well as a user that I created on the server, providing the password when I mount the share, all to no avail. I have set the resolution to 480 and NTSC (one was in the PCH setup screen and the other was during the NMTInstall, but don't ask me which was which). No matter what I try, I can't get the regular GBPVR link to work, and the network browser link only works if I navigate to the MVPMC share via the network browse option on the PCH main menu.

Any suggestions will be welcome, as I am pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. I'm testing with an analog TV upstairs (hence the 480 and NTSC settings at the moment) and once I get it working will move it downstairs on the HDTV at which point I'll up the settings.

I forgot to mention that I have updated my PCH (A100) to the latest June 2009 firmware, but it has made no difference whatsoever. I have configured the Guest account without a password, but simple file sharing is not an option on the 2003 server. Whether I use the guest account or the actual user account and password that I created I can always get to the mvpmc share and can always launch the html file, but none of the links work.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Kevin
If you can go through the network browser the guest share is probably ok, but you do need to power off after this test to try other method.

The problem is likely going to be the filename as discussed here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=40394 the name in gbpvr.cgi must match the name you gave it on the PCH. The instructions say not to enter it, but most people do.

Martin
Hi Martin, thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell, the name is correct. I did not enter one during setup (I actually followed directions!). Here's what I have in my GB-PVR.html file:
<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/DVR1:mvpmc/gbpvr.cgi">GB-PVR</a>

This matches what is displayed from the PCH, with the exception that the share name itself is in all caps when I view it through my browser:
1. DVR1:MVPMC

In the cgi itself, it is listed by IP address rather than server name:
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.4/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=guest,rw

I've tried different usernames, with and without passwords (depending on the username used), all to no avail. Yet as mentioned, it at least tries to work if I browse to the share. I'm really kind of at a loss as to what to try next.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Since the case must match definitely use this

Code:
<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/DVR1:MVPMC/gbpvr.cgi>GB-PVR</a>

Martin
OK, well I updated the GB-PVR.html file to a share name in all caps, and that got my share working with an ID and password! After getting past that I discovered that I had a couple of plugins that were causing things to crash after getting to the main menu, but removing those solved that problem at least for the short term. I'll resolve those issues later.

Thanks for all the help, now I'm going to play for a while and see what the next hurdle is. By the way, is there a key map somewhere for the PCH? I can't seem to get commercial skip to work correctly. Fast forward, play, pause and stop work fine, but no commercial skip. I'm sure I'm just missing something, but haven't bumped into it yet.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevina Wrote:By the way, is there a key map somewhere for the PCH? I can't seem to get commercial skip to work correctly. Fast forward, play, pause and stop work fine, but no commercial skip. I'm sure I'm just missing something, but haven't bumped into it yet.

Glad you are in now, linux being case sensitive is hard for Windows users to get used to.

Here is the draft remote key map file I made for someone to pretty up for the wiki http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/nmtkeys.html

If you need any help don't forget the logs.

Martin