NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Need a new TV tuner card - recommendations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently bought a new PC which only has PCI express slots so my old Nova 150 had to go.

I can't get DVB-T so require a DVB-S tuner. I have Freeview and I'm not likely to need to record two channels so a dual tuner isn't required.

I like a remote so would be good if that is bundled too.

Plenty of USB slots so that is an option.

Of course it will need to work well with GBPVR...

Any recommendations?
Ok so only thing I can see is the Nova-S USB2. Any suggestions re a DVB-S PCI-Express card?
i brought one of those nova-s usb2 off trademe it was stuffed gave up trying to get it to work and decided i got ripped off,if you do get one let me know what they are like

i havent been able to find any pci-e dvb-s cards

might be easier buying a new motherboard that fits the rest of your bits
I know Hauppauge is releasing an HVR-3300 soon which is effectively a PCI express version of the HVR-3000.
I'll give the Nova-S USB2 a go and let you know how I get on. The HVR 3300 look like too much gun for me.

Thanks for the help
I've got a Nova-S USB2. I initially had problems with it, but those problems went away when I realised it needed a terminator on the unused LNB output. Before doing this, the device would only receive vertical channels.
Works fine with GBPVR and Windows 7 though needed to get latest drivers from UK forum - if anyone is thinking of getting one.
I am thinking of getting one of those Nova-S-USB2. You had any problems with it and gb-pvr Warwick ?