NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NOVA-T (Old Type) with BDA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just noticed the recent update so thought I'd give this a go.
Using Hauppauge NOVA-T card (old style with Grundig tuner, not the 90002).

I have this working fine with the Technotrend BDA application and latest BDA drivers.

But there's no choice in GBPVR config to use my card, just the 90002 type.

Is there anything I can tweak to get the old card to work?

Thanks.
Marc
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (marc_ely @ Feb. 04 2005,17:10)]Is there anything I can tweak to get the old card to work?
Now if I was going to twiddle, I would take a look at the bda.ini file in the gbpvr folder, compare the sections for the Nova-s and the Nova-t (90002) and perhaps create a new section called [Hauppauge Nova-T (TechnoTrend)] based on the 90002 section but with the FILTER_TUNER and FILTER_CAPTURE values edited to match what I saw in Device Manager under 'Sound, video and game controllers'.

I hereby take no responsibility for what happens to your machine if you try this.  [Image: smile.gif]

...and, of course, there may be a lot more to it than that but I work with computers and have the philosophy of "Let's poke it with a stick and see what happens". [Image: biggrin.gif]

Cheers,
Brian
I did as suggested and it works! using this;

[Hauppauge Nova-T (909)]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-T Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

However it didn't find all the channels.
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (iruffell @ Feb. 06 2005,03:47)]However it didn't find all the channels.
What country/area are you in? How many channels did it find?
OK thanks guys.
I tried adding that section and it does now at least let me get to try and map the channels.
Unfortunately it warns as soon as I

"You will not be able to record succesfully until you install with the Cyberlink or Intervideo MPEG demultiplxer.....etc "

I setup for my transmitter, UK-East/Midlands-Sandy Heath and tried to scan. It wouldnt find any channels and bombed out with a .NET framework crash as it reaches channel 6 out of 6.
With my Nova-T board using the Technotrend stuff I have to use the "grundig patch" which adds 166kHz to the channel centres.

So I added 166kHz offsets into 0065.ini in the BDA/DVB-T folder and re-tried.
This sort of worked - I then see the TV in a small window to the right side.

But when I try and view Live-TV in GB-PVR I get a warning saying "Channel tuning information not known".

Is this something to do with the MPEG demultiplexer warning I had earlier?
Do I have to build a graph or something?

Cheers,
Marc
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] (marc_ely @ Feb. 06 2005,17:41)]"You will not be able to record succesfully until you install with the Cyberlink or Intervideo MPEG demultiplxer.....etc "
You need to have one of the MUXs to get DVB to work. Search the forums for other posts on this. I'm using the Cyberlink - haven't tried the InterVideo.
Marc,

What did you do to get the Technotrend application to work with the old Nova-t. I've installed the latest Technotrend BDA drivers and tried the Technotrend application but when the programme starts it doesn't find a digital card. Everything looks OK in the system hardware page (No !Wink.

In GB-PVR I added the extra lines to the BDA.ini and the frequency shift to the relevant file. I also installed the Cyberlink mpgmux.ax file. When I set the card to the Nova-t (909) and try to map the channels in the GB-PVR config it says initialising then I get an error.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ConnectFilters(IBaseFilter* pFilterUpstream, IBaseFilter* pFilterDownstream)
at NativeUtilities.BDARecorder.StartRecording(String cardType, Int32 board, String filename, IntPtr hwnd, String tuningRequest, Int32 lnbLOF1, Int32 lnbSwitch, Int32 lnbLOF2, Boolean previewMode)
at NativeUtilities.BDARecorder.StartRecording(String cardType, Int32 board, String filename, IntPtr hwnd, String tuningRequest, Int32 lnbLOF1, Int32 lnbSwitch, Int32 lnbLOF2)
at Config.Plugins.BDAChannelMappingForm.d(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

No channels are found.

Did you do something I haven't done?

Regards,

Ray.
Hi Ray
I'm afraid I just installed the Technotrend package, added the "grundig" patch and it all just worked.  I get all channels with the technotrend software.

The files I used were called:
http://www.technotrend.de/new/bda/bda_1030.zip

http://www.technotrend.de/new/bda/fix_fo...-tuner.zip

I've got a bit further in GBPVR.  
I added the 166kHz offsets and this now gets 3 MUXes.  Once I worked out how to map them to channels in the EPG (duh...) I can now watch these channels in LiveTV.

So the only problems now are:
a) Can't get all the MUX's
b) Can't pause live-tv as it warns about not being able to record. "ERROR Playing back file"

The frequencies I am using are the same as I was using when I was pre-BDA drivers, using ProgDVB. Weird.

Marc
Marc,

Thanks for that. When you start the Technotrend application do you get a pop-up box headed BDA Devices (with a dropdown for Digital and Analogue)?

I get this but there's nothing in the dropdown area to select.
If I continue, The application starts and I can play media files but not watch any TV.

Regards,

Ray.
Hi
Yes I get a popup box with both of my Nova-T's listed. I select the first one, it loads up its drivers and then starts.
I can view all channels, pause, get EPG and make recordings.

Have you checked in the system\device manager for the devices? Mine come up as separate capture and tuner devices in the "sound, video & game controllers" bit.

I don't know what else to suggest for you I'm afraid.

Marc
Pages: 1 2