NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Why do some DVD rips not play on PCH?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just begun ripping my DVD collection, and some DVD's seem to play fine on the PCH while others just get a blank screen (rebooting the PCH is the only way out).

They all play back fine in PVRX2 locally on the server. Does this have anything to do w/ copy protection or anything? Is there encryption in the ripped images that VLC & apparently PVRX2 can crack, but not the NMT's player?
Try ripping to a Video_TS Folder instead of ISO and see if you can watch it.
The PCH doesn't play CSS encrypted DVD iso or video_ts files. VLC does and potentially GBPVR will.

There could be other consideration too ie share permissions and file names ie characters like []() are not good in linux and I am not sure I have escaped them all properly. When it goes black can you telnet to the PCH and type ls /iso and see anything?

Martin
Try rip them using AnyDVD (this will remove crypting).
Thanks - I just used Video Redo to convert to an mpg file - extra's & such aren't important to me & I like that the movie plays back in the same way as recordings.

I did hit a couple of DVD's that DVD Shrink won't rip - I'll give AnyDVD a try.