NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCH network share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got my A-100 today and did a clean GBPVR install and MVPMCX2 setup in about 15 minutes! REALLY COOL installer! It was so easy, I thought I missed something when it completed.

Anyway, per the idiots guide I checked everything out and it work great.

I have an assumption and a question.

Assumption- on PCH reboot, there is no easy way to have it boot up into the gbpvr interface. (I didn't see anything on how to do this)

Question- I tried to configure my network share per section 3 of the dummy guide. I guessed at what should go in the share name and the URL, but it does not work. My system is configured with all the default file positions and file names. My server PC is named DVR2 and the IP is 192.168.1.101
When I browse using the network browser, I see my network workgroup name (home) then the computer name (dvr2) then mvpmc. I get an error that it is unable to resolve the host name.

I would appreciate any help on configuring this part.
If you want to change the defaults, the share name is just text. If you change it, you have to make sure you edit gbpvr.cgi and GB-PVR.html and replace (presumably) DVR2:mvpmc with the new text. Make sure you use a linux compatible text editor.

If you are having trouble resolving the host change the URL to

smb://192.168.1.101/mvpmc

There is no autostart of GBPVR but if you don't use the NMT software to change the share, a file called index.html or sd_index.html for SD in your mvpmc share will launch after a period of time when you power up. The most recent is here http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=31

Martin
OK I got all of this working so well using my XP machine as the server, I decided to move over to my Vista box (DVR3). When it was on the XP machine, I was able see and play videos through the PCH-GBPVR interface that are on the Vista box (using Videos).

Now, going through the PCH straight to the Vista box, I see the GBPVR interface and can navigate it well, but I only get a black screen when trying to playback any recording. Going through the PCH network browser, I can view any videos on the vista box. I followed the guide for vista shares in the dummies guide. I also tried changing recording service to a second user, but on the vista box, it keeps the PCH from starting MVPMCX2. I assume it is some kind of a share issue but am stumped. I saw a thread with the same issue yesterday, but can't fnd it today. I don't think it had a resolution though.
If the files are being served from a local drive it is not going to be a permission issue (unless you are using WHS) Assuming you used NMTInstall again on the Vista machine can you compress and upload your logs and I will have a look.

Martin
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]Here are the logs

Thanks for the help

Let me know if you need other ones
I need the other files. Is E: your Vista machine?

Martin
I will upload them. E is my recording drive on the vista machine. GBPVR is loaded on the C drive.
Here is a full set. I also tried live tv and get the same thing.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I see this error

Code:
2009-09-03 13:01:44.267    ERROR    [4]    Error starting webserver: Could not load file or assembly 'GBPVRRecordingService, Version=1.0.3529.34129, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could you try a hard reboot and see if it fixes the problem.

Martin
I rebooted both the PC and the PCH. Still no love and I see the same error. I checked and I can view the recordings from the PC interface. New logs attached

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Pages: 1 2