NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot Access Web Admin from Internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do not know what I am dong wrong. I can use Web Admin from the intranet in my home (24.158.203.48) but not from the internet at my work (147.154.235.51). When I try from work, I get the login screen but nothing happens after I login. The only thing I see that is odd in the log file is "Postback not found....now pulling User Host Info...", but I do not know what that indicates. I have configured the router virtual server for TCP/UPD port 7647 (private/public). Are other ports involved? What could be wrong with my configuration?
I am guessing that it is something at your work......perhaps the blocking of cookies? Edit: Also....Perhaps they have you coming through a web proxy and it is loosing you somehow.

As you can see below you get authenticated just fine.....then the redirect is sent but you don't go anywhere.

Given this...your router setup is correct.

Have you tried from a neighbor or friends house?

Code:
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Successful login for gahart from 147.154.235.51
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Initializing Forms Authentication....
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Setting Forms Authentication Cookie....
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Username = gahart
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Cookie Path = /
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Checking for auto search execution....
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Auto Search is not set to run or it has aleady run today....
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Redirecting to the target page....
2009-09-03 09:29:17.328    INFO    [3]    Redirect URL = /gbpvr/Guide.aspx
I had a friend try from his house using IE8 (I use IE6 at work) and he had the same results. It appears from the log that I get a successfull login and then nothing happens after the redirect to the requested page. I attached a text files the TCP/IP packets from a Sniffer at the GB-PVR machine. Are there any other logs I could look at?
I think it is the proxy you are going through....look at line 24 in the attached compare there is a VIA: 1.1 NA-PISA03 which I would guess is Microsoft ISA.....we have it at work.

I have seen all kinds of weird things occur with certain sites when going through ISA. We actually stopped using it for a outgoing proxy some time ago and now only use it for incoming traffic due to the various issues we had experienced.

Are you in IT at work and would know for sure?
I use IIS and Remote Desktop to access other PCs at my home from work all using the same router and same proxy and all has been working fine. Since my friend had the same results from his home, I thought that would elimate the problem being with the proxy. I will have to have him try it again and grab those logs and tcp/ip packets so I can post them. I think I must have something configured incorrectly on the GB-PVR pc.
I looked a several things and tried many changes but could not figure out why EWA does not work with my Internet connections. Since my other workstations and IIS work fine from the Internet, I created an IIS website on a different server and added a ISAPI Filter that allowed me to setup a Reverse Hosting Proxy to EWA. I may try to sort this out later, but I have it working now.
Thanks....that is good news. The difficulty I would imagine stems around the secured validation cookie not being set and being filtered through the proxy....thus you are not able to get anywhere since EWA does not find the authorization cookie.
Hi,

I think I might have a similar problem.

I'm on 1.4.7 with the latest EWA version. Port forwarding set on the router for 7647 TCP/UDP. I can connect to Web Admin at localhost:7647/gbpvr or 192.168.0.101:7647/gbpvr just fine. However as soon as I try to connect from the same system but using my IP, nothing happens. Same problem, if I try to connect to 192.168.0.106:7647/gbpvr from another system on the home network - no go Sad I also tried to get to login page at :7647/gbpvr/login.aspx but all I get is timeout warning...

I have virtual server set on the router at 7648 for streaming, and that works great from the Internet side, as well as within the network. So, as long as can access the web admin panel from the host system, I can watch the stream from anywhere, including Internet.

I actually also have Beyond TV set up exactly the same way as GBPVR on the router for port forwarding, but that program uses port 8129. I can access its web panel just fine from anywhere. I even tried to set GBPVR web admin at 8129 instead of 7647, but that did not work at all.

I'm puzzled at this point.

Could that have anything to do with the option under Config - "Auto-login Range"

Please help Smile That the last detail I need to be able to access web admin from my WM6.5 smartphone and have the whole setup running.

Thanks for help and great work on that awesome program!

Smile
globaltrasher Wrote:Hi,

I think I might have a similar problem.

I'm on 1.4.7 with the latest EWA version. Port forwarding set on the router for 7647 TCP/UDP. I can connect to Web Admin at localhost:7647/gbpvr or 192.168.0.101:7647/gbpvr just fine.

So I assume you are doing this on the machine that is hosting GBPVR...correct?

globaltrasher Wrote:However as soon as I try to connect from the same system but using my IP, nothing happens.

Hugh?:confused: You first stated you connected to EWA using localhost as well as by the GBPVR Host PC's IP address.

Now you say you are connecting "from the same system" (do you mean the same PC?) but using my IP. You should always use the IP of the GBPVR host PC when accessing EWA from within your own network.

globaltrasher Wrote:Same problem, if I try to connect to 192.168.0.106:7647/gbpvr from another system on the home network - no go Sad I also tried to get to login page at :7647/gbpvr/login.aspx but all I get is timeout warning...

Since your GBPVR Host PC is 192.168.1.101 (based on your first statement).....on any PC within your home network.....you will want to access EWA by the Host PC's IP. example: you have a laptop connected to your home network....its address is 192.168.1.123. You open your web browser on the laptop you should enter http://192.168.1.101:7647/gbpvr/guide2.aspx to access EWA from your laptop.

globaltrasher Wrote:I have virtual server set on the router at 7648 for streaming, and that works great from the Internet side, as well as within the network. So, as long as can access the web admin panel from the host system, I can watch the stream from anywhere, including Internet.

The streamer page lives in the gbpvr/public folder and therfore is not secured.

Your local IPs falls within the scope of the Autologin range....so if you have autologin setup you should be getting to EWA from inside your network without being prompted to login.

Since you can access EWA on the local machine with localhost as well as IP then you know that EWA is working and that something is not correct with the network or firewall.

To me it seems like are not trying to access EWA with the GBPVR Host PC's IP.....but I could be wrong since I am kind of guessing based off my interpretation of what you posted.
Hi, thanks for replies.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:So I assume you are doing this on the machine that is hosting GBPVR...correct?
Yes, that's correct. I can access EWA using localhost or "locally" typing host's IP (in this case 192.168.0.101) into the address field of the browser.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Hugh?:confused: You first stated you connected to EWA using localhost as well as by the GBPVR Host PC's IP address.
Sorry, by that I meant WAN IP (as x.x.x.x, not host's LAN IP.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Now you say you are connecting "from the same system" (do you mean the same PC?) but using my IP. You should always use the IP of the GBPVR host PC when accessing EWA from within your own network.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Since your GBPVR Host PC is 192.168.1.101 (based on your first statement).....on any PC within your home network.....you will want to access EWA by the Host PC's IP. example: you have a laptop connected to your home network....its address is 192.168.1.123. You open your web browser on the laptop you should enter http://192.168.1.101:7647/gbpvr/guide2.aspx to access EWA from your laptop.
Yes, I understand that. What I tried to say, is that if try to access EWA from a different PC on the home network (say, 192.168.0.102) by typing GBPVR's host LAN IP (192.168.0.101), it then won't connect. I will get timeout error.
I can access stream itself from any system on the network, through either typing host's LAN IP or my WAN IP. So, port forwarding definitely works. Just not for web interface.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Since you can access EWA on the local machine with localhost as well as IP then you know that EWA is working and that something is not correct with the network or firewall.
Port Forwarding seems to be set up correctly - see attachment. I can access BeyondTV's web interface using localhost, or from any other PC on the network or WAN IP (Internet) or my smartphone.
As you can see GBPVR is set up exactly the same, yet I have the problem with accessing the interface from any other location, except for host PC.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:To me it seems like are not trying to access EWA with the GBPVR Host PC's IP.....but I could be wrong since I am kind of guessing based off my interpretation of what you posted.
Sorry for my rush post, that became confusing in details.

Thank you for your time trying to help me! Smile
Pages: 1 2