NextPVR Forums

Full Version: logs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
where do i look for logs for ewa? can't connect from outside anymore...works from internal and lan, and my html page comes up from internet side, but connecting not working...
just sits there...
works with ip ## for public ip address..wanting it to work with dns name...
pBS Wrote:where do i look for logs for ewa? can't connect from outside anymore...works from internal and lan, and my html page comes up from internet side, but connecting not working...
just sits there...
works with ip ## for public ip address..wanting it to work with dns name...

Either access the log from the Statistics tab of EWA itself or you can look in the folders under this directory......the one that contans the gbpvrpublic.dll will have a sub-directory of logs and it will be in there.

Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\gbpvr\66372bc5\b1db62aa\assembly\dl3
no wonder i couldn't find it...lol...
thanx

i thought it may be my dynamic dns provider not liking adddr:port types, so i wrote a little app to redirect to the ip# version and that works..

hmmm,rss feeds work thru my dns...not guide...interesting..
any thoughts?
maybe cuz they come from 'public' dir?
pBS Wrote:no wonder i couldn't find it...lol...
thanx

i thought it may be my dynamic dns provider not liking adddr:port types, so i wrote a little app to redirect to the ip# version and that works..

hmmm,rss feeds work thru my dns...not guide...interesting..
any thoughts?
maybe cuz they come from 'public' dir?

RSS feeds are hosted from the public folder of EWA so EWA does not look for Security on the requests.....the Guide is protected so EWA verifies security is established prior to letting access occur.
ahh,figured...
but got it working now..Smile not sure why...lol
dns names and all...
i think i just removed /Login.aspx from end of url...
not sure why it works now but i'm happy...Big Grin
when i saw rss feeds working with dns name i knew it wasn't a port issue..
logs show local lan address as origin even when accessing thru public ip##...
but i think i know why...[ipv4]
pBS Wrote:ahh,figured...
but got it working now..Smile not sure why...lol
dns names and all...
i think i just removed /Login.aspx from end of url...
not sure why it works now but i'm happy...Big Grin
when i saw rss feeds working with dns name i knew it wasn't a port issue..
logs show local lan address as origin even when accessing thru public ip##...
but i think i know why...[ipv4]

Address should be translated to whatever the external address is accessng it....regardless of IP4 or IP6.....check the logs....EWA's logs will tell you what was detected and it should be handling it appropriately.
hmmm,i had to disable my router's spi firewall to get it to work at all...
is that the same for most routers? recently moved to this new linksys router...
my old one didn't have that problem i'm pretty sure...
i have ports properly forwarded,etc...
pBS Wrote:hmmm,i had to disable my router's spi firewall to get it to work at all...
is that the same for most routers? recently moved to this new linksys router...
my old one didn't have that problem i'm pretty sure...
i have ports properly forwarded,etc...

Hard to say....home routers keep getting more and more sofisticated. You would think if you are passing through a port it would leave the traffic alone....perhaps there is something in the firewall you can set to ok just the traffic on that port.....or ok it for destinations of /gbpvr/.
a more advanced question, are there any more skins available? or even just one that's separate so i can see the structure i need to modify...

and i notice it's treating the dns name logon and ip# logons differently..i get diff skins on same machine...
looking in logs it says always local subnet origin...
this is accessing it from 1 machine on my lan, using the dns name and public ip# addresses..
it has something to do with dns and shortcutting routes, can't be helped...[a net optimization feature]

i think some of the other weirdness i was seeing was caching,etc...
plus i reloaded .81 from scratch...Smile

but all working great now..hoping to port Reflect Black to the skins...Smile
pBS Wrote:a more advanced question, are there any more skins available? or even just one that's separate so i can see the structure i need to modify...

and i notice it's treating the dns name logon and ip# logons differently..i get diff skins on same machine...
looking in logs it says always local subnet origin...
this is accessing it from 1 machine on my lan, using the dns name and public ip# addresses..
it has something to do with dns and shortcutting routes, can't be helped...[a net optimization feature]

i think some of the other weirdness i was seeing was caching,etc...
plus i reloaded .81 from scratch...Smile

but all working great now..hoping to port Reflect Black to the skins...Smile

I believe that is because the cookie is based on site being visited and the IP vs. External DNS vs. internal Lan name woudl all be different site names in cookie land and thus have seperate settings.