NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NmtInstall problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I just updated the pvrx2 using nmtinstall. All went well except I get and unhandled exception error from net framework. The error is
Method 'GetActiveTask' in type 'GBPVRX@.xdd215986d9a64c86' from assembly 'PVRX2, Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
I can hit continue and it starts the MVP Controller.
If I turn off the MVP server the error stop but as soon as I turn it back on the error comes back
Any ideas?
Also now the GBPVR does not work on the popcorn.
Dave
Two questions first 1) What is the date of you NMTInstall.xml file (that would be in the mvpmc share)? 2) Did you look at the details after you ran it to check for errors?

To fix the problem.

- Check your main menu of NMT Install. If it shows GBPVR 1.3.7 you have the old version so you need to download the new generic version of NMTInstalled I uploaded a couple of months ago.
- Delete *.zip from the mvpmc share
- Run NMTInstall untick everything but Install GBPVR and Update GBPVR
- When the GBPVR install runs select repair
- Review the details when it is done for errors.

Martin
The date of the nmtinstall.xml is the 16/9 and inside the file it shows version 1.1.
I have the new version of GBPV running 1.4.7.
I will try your options and let you know
thanks
dave
Hi Martin
I ran the GBPVR repair option and it looks like its about to finish then an error comes up.
Fatal Error Installation ended prematurely because of an error.
Is there a log hiding somewhere to see

Dave
Did you run the old 1.3.11 specific version NMTInstall anytime after 1.4.7 was released? If so that would be the problem.

I now suggest running this command before you attempt the report.

sc delete "GB-PVR Recording Service"

Martin
Hi Martin
I got GBPVR to repair after deleting the recording service. Now the mvp server starts up with no errors.
The popcorn still wont start though. I tried to use the nmtinstall but I keep getting an error
The instruction at "0x010c12b3" refrenced memory at "0x010c12b3". The memory could not be "read".
This error keeps poping up depending on what I tick on the nmtinstall.
I put the popcorn mac address in and tick
install mvpmx2
install gbpvr updates
PCH setup
Any ideas
PS in the config.xml does it still have to be set as pch2 mvpclient
Thanks Martin
Back working again
It musts have been the mac address. I just typed it in in lowercase and it worked.
Thanks again for your time
Dave
God I'm glad everything worked out. It is unlikely the problem was the MAC address, the copy GBPVR Recording service probably still needed to be refreshed. This version of NMTInstall will avoid update problems in the future too.

Martin