NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New EWA Plugin - Orb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over the weekend I put together a new EWA plugin that allows you to connect log into your Orb MyCast Center.

Orb will let you stream your recordings over the Internet and even to iPhone/iTouch.

Enjoy! Big Grin

EWA Orb Plugin

Orb website.

Screen shots:

[Image: capture927200914152am87.jpg]

[Image: capture927200914240am88.jpg]
kewl! I'll be giving this a shot assuming I ever get some free time to play with my system.
I have downloaded ORB on to my GBPVR Server Computer and down loaded the ORB Plugin and placed the files into the Plug In folder.

How do I access my GBPVR (Live TV) from my remote computer? Just thought the org Website or do I need to install the ORB plug in onto my remote computer as a client GBPVR?

Please offer some basic instruction to help me out?
highflyer875 Wrote:I have downloaded ORB on to my GBPVR Server Computer and down loaded the ORB Plugin and placed the files into the Plug In folder.

How do I access my GBPVR (Live TV) from my remote computer? Just thought the org Website or do I need to install the ORB plug in onto my remote computer as a client GBPVR?

Please offer some basic instruction to help me out?

The plugin provides in-line access to Orb's mycasting interface....if you are away from home and don't have ewa exposed to the outside world you simply go to orb's mycast login page. otherwise you can log into orb directly via ewa and get to its utilities and offerings with no need to leave ewa.

Let me know if this helps.
Does this plugin enable me to stream live tv via the orblive app for iphone?

I tried earlier today and installed ORB on my HTPC, i set up the tv channels in ORB and was able to stream the live tv to my iphone.

But when i then tried to access live tv from inside gbpvr it wouldn't start the live feed. This i presume would also effect my recording capabilities i presume, so i had to uninstall ORB from my HTPC so that my recordings would not be affected.

I suppose that the ORB "tuner" took over the hauppuage pvr350 access so that gbpvr could not use it.

Now i have installed ORB on my other media server so that i can stream my movies and series to my iphone, but i really would like to be able to stream the live tv feeds to my iphone too.
mcfrojd Wrote:Does this plugin enable me to stream live tv via the orblive app for iphone?

I tried earlier today and installed ORB on my HTPC, i set up the tv channels in ORB and was able to stream the live tv to my iphone.

But when i then tried to access live tv from inside gbpvr it wouldn't start the live feed. This i presume would also effect my recording capabilities i presume, so i had to uninstall ORB from my HTPC so that my recordings would not be affected.

I suppose that the ORB "tuner" took over the hauppuage pvr350 access so that gbpvr could not use it.

Now i have installed ORB on my other media server so that i can stream my movies and series to my iphone, but i really would like to be able to stream the live tv feeds to my iphone too.

That I can't help with....there have been a couple requests for it, I attempted to create a VLC command stream to do it and have had no success.

Last item was an open call for anyone that can create a VLC command line to do the stream I should be able to implement it within EWA. To date....no one has had any success.
I have used ewa for some time and love it! I travel for work and it is great to have the access to my local sporting games.

I decided to give the orb plugin a shot to see if it worked on my smart phone. It was a success!

I have a HTC Hero runing the Android OS. There are no VLC apps for the phone so I was not able to view any of my media. I came across the post for the ORB plugin and figured i would give it a shot. I am able to view my recorded content and view live tv from my media center box as well.

I log into the EWA via the browser on my phone and select the orb tab, select TV go to my program guide and pic a show.

It is a little involved, and i am in a poor coverage area at moment, so the quality of video is very poor and choppy. I hope to test it later in better coverage and get better results. it tests teh connection speed and it utilizes a factory HTC streaming program. Preliminary and rough around the edges, but it is working!

I wish i could scale down image size so it was a bit clearer. i think it automatically throttles the bandwith of the stream depending on your connection speed...

Thanks for the kick ass plug in!

oh yea...it does eat your battery, but that is a given on almost every smart phone unless it is a blackbery
blacks1093 Wrote:I have used ewa for some time and love it! I travel for work and it is great to have the access to my local sporting games.

I decided to give the orb plugin a shot to see if it worked on my smart phone. It was a success!

I have a HTC Hero runing the Android OS. There are no VLC apps for the phone so I was not able to view any of my media. I came across the post for the ORB plugin and figured i would give it a shot. I am able to view my recorded content and view live tv from my media center box as well.

I log into the EWA via the browser on my phone and select the orb tab, select TV go to my program guide and pic a show.

It is a little involved, and i am in a poor coverage area at moment, so the quality of video is very poor and choppy. I hope to test it later in better coverage and get better results. it tests teh connection speed and it utilizes a factory HTC streaming program. Preliminary and rough around the edges, but it is working!

I wish i could scale down image size so it was a bit clearer. i think it automatically throttles the bandwith of the stream depending on your connection speed...

Thanks for the kick ass plug in!

oh yea...it does eat your battery, but that is a given on almost every smart phone unless it is a blackbery

Instead of going into EWA just go directly to Orb and log in using the id/password you created when you setup your account. The native Orb interface in the phone should be better.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Instead of going into EWA just go directly to Orb and log in using the id/password you created when you setup your account. The native Orb interface in the phone should be better.

The ORB App for Android does not have a menu/link for the live tv/ program guide. Maybe it does for other mobile devices. Once you log in it gives you the option for video files, audio files, web radios, photos and documents. However the ORB App is NOT made by ORB, so some features may not be available.

Maybe i have to add it as an option on my account, or on my media pc. I have not had a chance to dig into it all yet.

I did however try the live stream in an area with about 75% coverage and i had nice streaming speed and quality. My phone was behind the tv about 20 seconds.

Not bad, im still impressed, and still love EWA. I will get into the orb options more over the weekend.
I get the ORB tab, but i don't see how to view videos from GBPVR or watch live tv. Help?