NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dvb-c tuner not finding all channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody

I have just bought a TerraTec H5 USB tuner with dvb-T, dvb-C and analog capabilities and though I would use it together with Gb-pvr. The tuner is not natively supported, but I have tweaked the bda ini to be able to use the dvd-c tuner.
The card is now identified by gbpvr and when I start scanning for channels (using map digital channels to EPG channels) it finds only some of all the available channels (approx. 50%).
If I use the software supplied by TerraTec to scan for channels it finds 137 channels (encrypted and unencrypted.)
I have created a new ini in gbpvr\bda\dvb-c with all the frequencies, symbolrate and modulation found by the TerraTec software and I am using this in the digital source configuration.
I have tried to do a manual scan but it still doesn't find channels at frequencies where I positively(from TerraTec software) know there should be channels.

If I accept that I only have a limited number of digital channels and enable them all and then close gb-pvr configurator everything seems fine, but the EPG is just showing no info on all the channels even after a full EPG update (which btw takes for ever. 1 min pr. frequency thats 20 mins for 20 frequencies!)

Any one with ideas how to fix this?
1) Could you post your logs and the \bda\dvb-c\*.ini file?
2) EPG update times can be changed in config. 60 sec per "transponder" is default; it can be changed in config.xml (<DvbEpgHarvestDuration>), however I wouldn't recommend that. You can schedule EPG updates overnight and they won't bother you anymore.

The question is: Does your cable provider transmit DVB-EPG, where are you located?
1) Will post my ini tonight. I tried to delete the capture source yesterday and then I recreated it and guess what - It found all the channels -weird but nice Wink
2) Thanks for your directions to change the EPG update time. I will try to fiddle about with that too. Unfortunately I didn't have time yesterday to play with the EPG download but I know that the software from TerraTec have no problem show EPG data for all the stream and hence I assume that my cable provider is sending the info. I guess I can reduce the number of mapped channels in order to minimize the time it takes to complete the epg download.

I am located in Denmark and my provider is Yousee
As promised my ini files and the log files after completing an EPG update and nothing else. The update resulted in no data in the EPG (as usual) I have set that Gbpvr should do a complete epg reload.

btw. no shows have been scheduled to be recorded.

My operating system is Windows 7 Pro 32bit RTM
So that's halfway there if you find all channels.

You are saying that you do get EPG from your terratec software. Having nothing from gbpvr is rather unusual.

1) Have set your EPG source in the capture source correctly? It has to be DVB EPG, not xmltv or none.
2) It's probably good to to this: Delete logs. Start EPG update, save logs and post those. Please put all logs in a zip file, not just those for pvrx2.
3) If this doesn't help, you might want to have this thread moved to support, The do a full ts recording, upload it somewhere and ask sub to take a look. Yousee might transmit non standard dvb-epg. I remember we had a similar problem with kdg epg (http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=39762).
Ok Did as you requested. Deleted all the logs and then chose to do an epg update by right clicking the Gb-pvr tray icon (not starting Gb-pvr). That resulted in a couple of .ts files in the tv directory. Those files only existed as long as the EPG update ran. They were deleted by Gb-pvr after running the EPG.
Btw. I haven't played with the <DvbEpgHarvestDuration> setting yet and would prefer not to if possible.

In the attached zip file there should be: a picture with my capture source settings and the logs.
I have also uploaded one of the .ts files created by the epg update. The uploaded file can be found on this link:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/14...-8-ts.html

I have also found that I am still missing at least 1 channel but when I do a scan of the frequency where the channel is broadcasting Gb-pvr finds nothing even though the channel IS broadcasting at the time of scan.
Your capture source and EPG setup look fine. The search for EPG data also looks normal, too. However, it's not finding any EPG data and no EPG is saved as a result.

You may want to move the post to the main support forum. You probably need to have sub take a look at the .ts-file. Did you set the BDA mux option to full ts on the last config tab?
newyankee Wrote:You probably need to have sub take a look at the .ts-file. Did you set the BDA mux option to full ts on the last config tab?
Yes, thats what I'd normaly suggest. Unfortunately I'm out of the country for the next two and half weeks though, so cant do that right now.