NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun Configuration Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Background:
I have a home-built PVR with 2 HDHRs recording OTA (up to 4 channels at once). Post-processing with TStoATSC. Display is via a Popcorn Hour A100.

Because of the bandwidth used, I direct the first channel on each HDHR to store its ts file to physical hard drive (X:), the second channel of each HDHR to a second physical hard drive (Y:).

The post-processing, via TStoATSC, reads the input file (from either drive X: or Y:) and writes the output file to a third physical drive (Z:).

Using LLink, I stream files on the Z: drive to my TV via the PH-A100.

Note: I write the output of the HDHRs to different hard drives because my hard drives can not sustain write speeds of 80mb/sec (4 active channels) so I split them up so that the write rate is a managable 40mb/sec.

Question:
Is it possible to use GBPVR to replace my home-grown PVR? If so, please point me to the configuration settings I would need.

For example:
1. How can I direct the output from a recording source to a specific drive/directory?

2. I only want to record one video channel, say 8.1, not all channels on the frequency (8.1,8.2,8.3). I also only want the English audio feed. How do I filter the feed?

3. How do I sent up a post-processing step that only runs when there are no active recordings being made (again to protect the bandwidth)?

Any help would be appreciated. I used GBPVR (before the 1.x days) when I was recording analog signals and thought I'd revisit using this outstanding piece of software again but am not quite sure how to use it in a HDHomerun, OTA, Popcorn Hour A100 environment.

Thanks,
~Joe