NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Big problem with installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased a Hauppauge 1250. i plugged it in, pressed the power button, and the computer had a long beeeep. no video, no boot. When i remove the card, computer boots fine. What's the problem here? Yes, i have it in a PCI-Express slot. The computer i'm using is one i home built. What's going on??
interrupt conflict?

Try moving the card to another slot.

Lastly do you have another machine to try it on, maybe the card is faulty
was it just a long beep or were there little beeps also
Being a newly bought card, DOA is a possibility, but (apart from what has been said), try discharging (electrostatic - is that the correc term?) the card.

A few months ago, one of the graphics card where at work was about to be pronounced dead (system/windows would boot, but frooze midway). In the end, using a pencil eraser on the pci contacts did the trick. No problems ever since.

If it still gives you beeps when booting, note down how many beeps it gives you, their sequence, if they are long or short, and google their meaning. Wink
Thanks for the replies. I only have one PCI-e x16 slot- no more. I will try it in my other machine to see if it works. The beeping i get is one long beep. that is it, nothing else. Bios is Award. I think it must be DOA, but we'll see in the other machine.
cisasteelersfan Wrote:Thanks for the replies. I only have one PCI-e x16 slot- no more. I will try it in my other machine to see if it works. The beeping i get is one long beep. that is it, nothing else. Bios is Award. I think it must be DOA, but we'll see in the other machine.

It seems Award BIOS' beep codes are usually set by each manufacturer, so a standart set of codes does not exist. You would have to check with your motherboard manufacturer for that "translation". Anyway, if the card does not work in a different system, DOA is probably the safest bet.