NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Gbpvr 1.4.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking of rolling back NMTInstall to support 1.3.11 with patches because of ongoing issues with 1.4.7 many people are experiencing. I know this goes against sub's philosophy of not supporting old versions but I am sensing the WAF with 1.4.7 is lower than normal.

What do you think?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:because of ongoing issues with 1.4.7 many people are experiencing. What do you think? Martin

Ummm have I missed something?? I have been ready to upgrade & would have done so last week if I could have found the time, the only problem I have seen/noted is trying to play more than two programmes using live TV consecutively, as I don't watch live TV it isn't a problem for me. Is there something else??
I've received a few inquiries asking me to do this and I feel obliged to ask, especially with the next batch of refurbs coming in. I really want people to use NMTInstall but it does force 1.4.7

I use (and like) the new scheduled live tv viewing so I do end up crashing often and I know this could have low WAF for those that might use it.

Martin
I would not like to move back to 1.3.11 since it would make the system unusable to me (I need CI/CAM to view my channels since all of them are encrypted).
But I have not experienced any problems caused by the version of GBPVR.
mvpmcx2 is compatible with 1.3.11 so it doesn't force the version one way or the other. The results are positive for 1.4.7 now anyway, which I hoped to see.

Martin
so from the results its lucky the waf factor doesnt always count otherwise we would all still be getting around in the horse and cart
Actually this poll is probably a proxy vote for the wives. I want to make sure that new owner don't hear complaints about the "new toy" or that "Popcorn thing"

Martin
you worry to much Smile
Difficult question really. Do you go back a step and then get new users to upgrade fairly soon, or stick with the problems we have at present that, fingers crossed, will be fixed soon.
I was contemplating going back, but decided the move was not worth it for us.
WAF didn't come into it, the dvb scan problems are the pain.
I rolled back due to the live tv issues. Once sub is back I am sure he will be able to fix it and I will upgrade again.
Pages: 1 2