NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HIP, MCE remote and Ir blaster to control TV (problem)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had it working consistently using my MCE remote and Ir blaster with hip to control the volume on my Panasonic Viera TV.Smile
I made some hard ware changes (it possbly went back to default driver) and it stopped working, HIP would still send the signal to the MCE blaster and the LED flashes but the TV now does nothing?:confused:
I now can’t remember which driver I had it working with and thatmay not be the problem?

I have tried

1. the default driver (eHome Infrared Receiver) Then and disable the default handling of the keys with registry changes.
2. Use the replacement driver (MCE Infrared Remote Control)
3. Use the replacement MCEIR.dll file to program the device and disable the default handling of the keys with registry changes http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-ser...ver-29024/
4.Reinstalling latest version of HIP

But to no avail. Can someone please help or point me to some ware I can get some help.:confused:
maybe the placement of the eye has moved?
i'd use the default driver that comes with windows, then try re-learning the Vierra remote keys to blast...
btw, does it control pvrx2 ok still?
The eye had not moved and tried it in different locations.
I have tried re-learning the Vierra remote keys to blast while using the different drivers.
Yes it does control pvrx2 fine still.
I have tried learning a key from the MCE remote and blasting it back at the receiver and that works with the different drivers (I think I tried this with all the drivers?) so the blaster is working but the TV just won’t receive the signal.
If this was the first time I had tried this I probably would assume the TV is not capable of receiving the type of signal the MCE blaster sends, but as I have had this working in the past I know it can work I just can’t remember what I did to get it to work the first time.
I should have documented it.Rolleyes
I tried re-learning the Vierra remote keys to blast while using the default driver but it still won’t work.
While learning the keys I made sure the receiver was shielded from the Plasma Ir interference.
The LED on the TV receiver blinks when I use the TV remote and it used to blink when blasted. Now the TV receiver doesn’t blink when blasted.:confused:
Any help would be appreciated.
you might try downloading prerecorded ir blast files for your tv for pronto remotes, IIRC there was a convert-to-hip util on hip site for them...
at least then you'd know you had good blast codes to start with..Smile

i seem to remember people having trouble with this tv line in particular, probably non-standard protocol involved..they did kinda invent some of the protocols, so may be a new mod on one..but iirc they did get it working..
pBS Wrote:you might try downloading prerecorded ir blast files for your tv for pronto remotes, IIRC there was a convert-to-hip util on hip site for them...
at least then you'd know you had good blast codes to start with..Smile
I can't find the prerecorded ir blast files for my exact model (TH-42PY800AZ) but I found what I think is the American equivalent model and they don’t work?

pBS Wrote:probably non-standard protocol involved.
You may be right. how can I find out what protocol my TV remote is using and how do I use that protocol with HIP and MCE?
I am going to have to live without controlling my TV through my pc for now if I can’t get it working in the next few days and revisit it in a few months. Because I have spent over 12 hours on it now and I have got so many other things I am meant to be doing.
Thank you for the help.