NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Weather 2 Wishlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I really like your plugin a lot. I have one more request. Can you add video inset so live tv is displayed in the lower left corner when using the plugin?
I'll have to investigate on how to do this, but I can put it on the to-do list.
I have two items on my wishlist.

The first one I have already mentioned a while ago, having the dates display in the format the user is accustomed to, in my case day/month/year ie. 2/10/2009 or 2/10 I did go to accuweather & on the web site they display the correct way in my browser?

Second a popup confirm (OK CANCEL) for manual update, I have selected update a few times by mistake & there is no way out of it apart from wait until it is finished updating. This happens mostly because I have a couple of profiles that I don't have setup to display a satellite image as there is only one satellite image for the whole of NZ so I don't see any need to download the same image three times.....maybe a third wishlist item to allow it to use the same satellite image for multi-profiles without having to download it multi-times?
Jaggy Wrote:I have two items on my wishlist.

The first one I have already mentioned a while ago, having the dates display in the format the user is accustomed to, in my case day/month/year ie. 2/10/2009 or 2/10 I did go to accuweather & on the web site they display the correct way in my browser?
I believe I have fixed this to use the simple date system locale for the date format. I'd have to check my development machine to confirm.

Jaggy Wrote:Second a popup confirm (OK CANCEL) for manual update, I have selected update a few times by mistake & there is no way out of it apart from wait until it is finished updating. This happens mostly because I have a couple of profiles that I don't have setup to display a satellite image as there is only one satellite image for the whole of NZ so I don't see any need to download the same image three times.....maybe a third wishlist item to allow it to use the same satellite image for multi-profiles without having to download it multi-times?
I have been meaning to do this, it just hasn't been a high priority for me to add the cancel button.

As for downloading the same images, the profiles know nothing about the other profiles. So this would require some pretty major rewriting to just download the image once.
I really like this plugin too - thank you.

I'd add my voice though to the date format problem - I've just downloaded and installed, and it's still in 'illogical' format (to me anyway!) Smile
Hi
Love this plugin, I just saw that AccuWeather has released 33 languages. Is it possible to get the forecast in Swedish now?
An example (for my location Segeltorp, outside Stockholm in Sweden):
http://www.accuweather.com/sv/EUR/SE/SW0...-Look.aspx
Nope, I don't scrape the Accuweather webpage to get the weather data. The only thing that scrapes is the weather alerts for U.S. locations.

I'm thinking of using a .NET language translator that uses Google Ajax Language API service. But in order to do this, I would have to up the requirement to .NET 3.5. So I'm not sure if I want to do this or not.
Jaggy Wrote:The first one I have already mentioned a while ago, having the dates display in the format the user is accustomed to, in my case day/month/year ie. 2/10/2009 or 2/10 I did go to accuweather & on the web site they display the correct way in my browser?

scb147 Wrote:I believe I have fixed this to use the simple date system locale for the date format. I'd have to check my development machine to confirm.

First of thanks for looking at this in the new 1.1.0.0 version & yep we are now half way there, the long dates are showing (from my point of view) the right way around now Smile unfortunately the short dates are still (again from my point of view) back to front, I am referring to the short dates in the Overview screen & the main Forecast screen both of which are saying 1/4 at the moment (which for me is the 1st of April not the 4th of January)
Jaggy Wrote:First of thanks for looking at this in the new 1.1.0.0 version & yep we are now half way there, the long dates are showing (from my point of view) the right way around now Smile unfortunately the short dates are still (again from my point of view) back to front, I am referring to the short dates in the Overview screen & the main Forecast screen both of which are saying 1/4 at the moment (which for me is the 1st of April not the 4th of January)
I believe I forgot to change those dates... Let me take a look, but I'm guessing that is the problem.
Would it be possible to give the user control over the duration of each satellite image in Animate mode - either through a config setting or by using the left/right arrows to scroll through them (like in Map view)?

Alex
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9