NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun + Phoenix Card Reader + Telstraclear digital => will this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a HDHomerun and I notice that it not only does DVB-T (Freeview in NZ), but also DVB-C and I am thinking about using this to replace my TelstraClear digital decoder box.

I have used it to scan the DVB-C signals and it finds them all, noting that they are encrypted.

I also have a serial phoenix smartcard reader.

Has anyone got this combination working (how? what other software was required ?), or a people using PCI DVB-C cards?

Snuffles.
With the apprioriate multidec plugins - yes, this combination works.

I've used newcs as the card server (which talks to the phoenix smartcard reader), with Acamd as the multidec plugin (configured to talk to a newcs server), and can sucessfully watch/record telstraclear.
I have the Jaycar Smart Card reader built and connected to COM1.
Installed NEWCS 1.65 and it reads the card fine
Setup MDPlugins, installed ACamd & configured (checked the port and userid/password) but it does seem to start or talk to newcs.

I have checked the logs, but nothing seems to in there.

I try to scan the channels (1-15) and it finds nothing for digital DVB-C.

Any ideas?
Do you see the multidec tray icon appear when you try?

Post the GB-PVR logs and I'll see if anything stands out.
I only have the back round icon with a white "G" in it.
Log files attached.
Cheers
Do you have multidec selected in your capture source setup?

Do you have the mdapifilter.ax and FFDecsa.dll installed?
Yes, that is exactly how my setup looks Smile
Yes (the two files are in the GBPVR directory) Smile

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
(also from Wellington)
Quote:the two files are in the GBPVR directory
Is mdapifilter.ax registered?

If so, try watching one of these channels in PVRX2.exe, then post the pvrx2.exe.log and pvrx2.exe-native.log and I'll take another look.
Ah ha!

I thought just copying the file was enough ...

Doing a quick scan of the forums I noticed you have already said in reply to a similar question: "regsvr32 c:\path\to\mdapifileter.ax" is the way to register it, I'll try this :-)
Open a command prompt (use "Run as Admin" if on Vista/Win7 with UAC on).
CD to the GBPVR program folder
Type "regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax" (without quotes) and press enter.

Edit: You found it while I was replying.

sub, maybe you could add this into the re-registerfilters.bat file but rem-ed out by default.
Pages: 1 2