NextPVR Forums

Full Version: fullscreeen issue, tearing ATI HD4200 HDMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This has nothing to do with GBPVR, it has been flawless. Just don't get me started I'll gush all over about it I'm so impressed.Smile
I am posting here because I am just getting it installed and you have so many experts here.

Equipment:
Gigabyte AMD785 motherboard
ATI HD4200 onboard video
512mb shared memory enabled in BIOS
2GB ram
Hauppage 250 card
Panasonic 50" G15 Plasma via HDMI

OS/software/drivers:
XP Pro SP2
Microsoft .net 2.0.5727.42
WinTV 6.0.26080

Catalyst Control Center Information:
Driver Packaging Version 8.63-090603a-082314E
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 6.14.10.6973
2D Driver File Path System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{CDCFD8A8-06C2-4031-8B36-AEF9E992F1A5}/0000
Direct3D Version 6.14.10.0678
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8781
Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2009.0603.1160.19656

1) I get some infrequent tearing in the displayed video, in faster action scenes. It is always in the upper half of the image.

2) I have about 20MM or 3/4" on the sides and 12MM or 1/2" on the top and bottom that is not being used by the computer display. I create custom profiles in CCC:HDTV Support and apply them, but it never changes.
It has a 1080P24 optimized profile (1776x1000@24hz) that I can't seem to override. The Panasonic TV has any screen adjustments grayed out on HDMI

My customized profile is (1856x1044@24hz) That filled the screen nicely and preserved scaling.

I'm new as of Saturday to HDTV, GBPVR, Video via HDMI and a host of other things so be gentle, please.Big Grin
make sure verticle sync in CCC is set to always on

This wil lhelp with Tearing, although not flawless.

What codecs are you using for playback, what is the renderer (VRM(/EVR)?

It could help to try a different renderer, what is the Operating system as well, i have an older version of your hardware with an onbaord HD3300, and you will see on the forus many people with some issues with the 780G type hardware
Ok I saw that you are running XP, and unfortunately i was never able to get things to run right using XP on my hardware, so someone else may need to chime in

Also i would set your settings back to the default for resolution and instead, there is a setting in CCC that will let you adust the desktop area, i forget what it is called, but you sill see an optoion somewhere to slide a bar that will expand the screen display
Hi,

Firstly, you came to the right place, we are all gentle. Big Grin

1. I would recommend enabling vertical sync as well. I still get a little tearing in the upper half as well, but considering what I am getting out of this wonderful software, I cannot complain at all. Yes, please tell what renders and codecs you tried? What signal are you seeing this tearing (i.e. SD cable, QAM, OTA)? I see it in QAM. Also, is this exeriences in LiveTV or Recordings, or both?

2. Did you try F7 while watching video to change the aspect ratio? It sounds like it is just a broadcast thing that you cannot control without using F7. I use 1152x648 resolution and even though the desktop is fullscreen, I still need to adjust the aspect ratio on 480i broadcasts in GBPVR.

EDIT: And do you have your screen type set in config to your tv (i.e. 16x9)?
if you can use native resolution of your screen
and multiples of 30hz (instead of 24) for frequency
force vertical sync on
Yeah, good eye stustunz, they are in the USA, why are you using those 24hz frequencies?
I can't find the vertical sync checkbox anywhere in my CCC!
I am using the native 1920 by 1080 and 60HZ in the displays properties page.
I am trying to stretch/shrink in the DTV("HDMI") menu, and the TV Identifies itself as a 1080P/24 display over the cable.

The desktop itself does not reach the edges of the display, so GB-PVR cannot either.
I have used all the F7 settings and they work wonderfully.
I will update the CCC and driver and see what that will get me. I should be able to stretch this thing to fit somehow.

EDIT: I have about 15 digital channels coming over the cable right now, and only 3 are at 1080i. I'm getting a hauppage 2250 card for flexibility and multiple recordings.
What do you think about running this at 720P instead of 1080P? I know one thing for sure, I'm having a heck of a time seeing the browser at 1920x1080 with these eyeballsSmile
Look at Vertical Refresh here http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_8.html

Does your TV remote have a wide mode button? I know I can see what you are describing on my client GBPVR/TV set. If I use the wide button to change aspect ratios, I can get the full desktop (in my case 1366x768).

When you say Native, it should be what is native to your TV. Do you have documentation to confirm that high resolution of 1920x1080 through HDMI? Native does not necessarily mean maximum.

I know why you have 24hz now, its an integer of 120hz (new TV, Snooze is Jealous)! i.e. 5x24hz=120hz. I dont think 60hz setting is the right setting for you since it is not an even integer. i.e 60/24=2.5 <--- not even.

I am, in a sense using 720p on my server (at 1152x648 optimized) because I cannot see 1080i desktop! (I can barely see 720p!) Ha! I really cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080i watching video to be honest though, might be due to my TV's age. Currently, as far as I know though, cable TV in QAM broadcasts is only 1080i. 1080p is for Blu-Ray.
I installed the latest CCC and drivers, and got my desktop to scale to fill the TV.
I've got that going for me........

The tearing is still an issue. I'm using the native Hauppage codec that came with the latest WinTV.
What other codec would you guys suggest for analog?
If using ATI video means tearing, and using Nvidia will cure it I'm game to buy a video card.
Yeah, I know about the 1080P vs 1080i. I found many "digital" channels with 480i, same as the analog channels.
That was why I wondered about using 720P, and if that would take a significant load off the GPU.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/files/ MPC-Standalone Filters.1.3.1249.0.(x86).zip Unzip the files into third party folder in gbpvr for example, then at the run command do this: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Third Party\WHATEVERFOLDERNAME\Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" This registers the Mpeg2DecFilter.ax and reboot. It should show up in the video renderer list as MPC Video Decoder or something of that sort. Give that a whirl and see what you think about the video quality.
Pages: 1 2 3