NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best/better current production analog card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

I recently purchased a Hauppauge 1600 despite several unfavorable reviews I found regarding its analog video quality. Unfortunately, I agree with those reviews. I understand that the PVR-150 is good card, if I can find one. Can anyone recommend a current production card that works well with an analog signal? I am a Comcast customer with a set top box so I will need the IR Blaster function for unattended recording.

I normally research my purchases a lot more thoroughly, but I purchased the card from Best Buy and only have a few more days to return it. Thanks for any help.

Chris
The PVR-150 is a decent card. You'll probably need to download the Hauppauge Tweak Tool (search this site to find it) to get the picture looking right though. The 150 tends to record too bright and the color saturation is too high. The tweak tool makes it fairly easy to change the settings to your liking.
the tweak tool also works for 1600's for some features..
the rest are in the same registry keys...
mostly just open the procamp sections on last tab of tweak tool and tweak there, the rest don't do anything for 1600..
[but in there are all the good stuff- filters, sharpness, brightness, etc...]